iPhone, Android or Microsoft for easily managing a single Contacts file?

Yooper4evr

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015
I currently have a 4s iPhone, which has a Contacts file for using it for phone calls and messaging. But correcting and editing the iPhone Contacts is annoying at best and a pain when the syncing results in many duplicates.

I much prefer managing g-mail and Google Contacts for e-mailing work and managing the Google G-mail contacts file, for phoning, editing, removing duplicates, accessible and usable across various computers, iPad, etc.

Do Android or Microsoft phones enable a single g-mail Contact list to do it all?
Suggestions? Thank you!

Solution
For Android, this can depend on what app you are using for your contacts list (there are others available that you can switch to). Pretty sure iOS offers the same, but I don't know if Windows phones will do that. I am mostly an Android user, so I can't say much there.

Back to your question. The default contact list app on Android may differ depending on what phone you're using. For Samsung phones, which is what I'm most familiar with, contacts can be merged. A single contact entry can include multiple phone numbers, email addresses, and various other forms of contact including Skype, WhatsApp, etc. It can also attempt to merge contacts if it detects multiple entries for the same person. All of this can be synced to your Google account...
For Android, this can depend on what app you are using for your contacts list (there are others available that you can switch to). Pretty sure iOS offers the same, but I don't know if Windows phones will do that. I am mostly an Android user, so I can't say much there.

Back to your question. The default contact list app on Android may differ depending on what phone you're using. For Samsung phones, which is what I'm most familiar with, contacts can be merged. A single contact entry can include multiple phone numbers, email addresses, and various other forms of contact including Skype, WhatsApp, etc. It can also attempt to merge contacts if it detects multiple entries for the same person. All of this can be synced to your Google account so that your contacts carry over to whatever device you use (as long as there is Google access).

Solution