iPhone Hacker Claims to Have Cracked the PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuke

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]I'll laugh if they make a PS2 emulator[/citation]

that would be hilarious.
if they do then son many middle fingers would be pointed at sony for not having support for ps2 games anymore

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
If console companies were smart they would buy people like this off. But they aren't and so we will see a hacked PS3 soon..not that I find it exciting or anything.

G

I wanna see a Windows 7, Mac OSX, Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2, N64, hell even a dreamcast emulator, oh and a 1 terabyte HD. Then I will be impressed.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]TheDuke[/nom]that would be hilarious. if they do then son many middle fingers would be pointed at sony for not having support for ps2 games anymore[/citation]

technically it would just show that someone can make a better PS2 emulator than sony. that is if the reason they got rid of the PS2 emu in later consoles was it was horrible

G

I will LOL if he managed to make PS3 play games from xbox and wii. Bravo! (maybe not likely haha)

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Bout damned time a professional got to work.
How about the damned PSPgo already? From all I can tell development for the PSPgo hack went to hell for a while because of some useless drama on the scene... very unprofessional.

These are wonderful platforms, but the limits Sony places on them is downright disgusting. Atleast do what Macintosh does and charge ridiculous amounts for the damned applications.
FAT32 only (yeah, chances are, I may at one point use it as a USB drive and want to put a file over 4GB on it...), expensive peripherals (at my local best buy... $50 for 8GB M2, $50 for 16GB MicroSD), and not even a damned custom alarm clock.
I don't even want free games, I just want custom firmware with unlimited access.

Sony can make great hardware, too bad they hired a bunch of monkeys to do their software, because all their funds were wasted trying to make it uncrackable instead of useful (both the PSPgo and PS3).

March on soldier.

gerohmygosh

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]If console companies were smart they would buy people like this off. But they aren't and so we will see a hacked PS3 soon..not that I find it exciting or anything.[/citation]

They do buy people off and welcome them to the company as long as they are successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.