iPhone is Now the Favorite Toy for Toddlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
[citation][nom]squiggs77[/nom]If we ever lose our electricity infrastructure, we are all dead. No one will know how to survive.[/citation]

Except for us

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
In other news : Parents charged for child neglect due to lack of funds for diapers.

Quote : "But we had to make a choice. Buy the iphone or buy diapers. I think we made the right choice."

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
There is no way a toddler of mine would get a $200 toy. Where on earth is this a norm?

iGo Potty? How on earth does that help? These kids will drop their iPhone into the toilet...and har har, of course it will be with what it is, yes we know, har har.

I feel like this is totally impractical.

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
I think it's great that millenials are so comfortable in virtual worlds. It should be second nature to them, as these babies and toddlers demonstrate. My nieces LOVE playing with virtual pianos and simple games on the phone, and they navigate with surprising ease.

But still, we live in the real world, so it's just best to keep in mind that there're plenty of necessary learning experiences that cannot be acquired in the virtual world. So take your iphone with you WHEN YOU GO CAMPING! But go camping, fo sho.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
My iPhone was expensive enough without worrying about a toddler destroying in an angry fit when a call or text interrupts his game.

Tiger handheld, is all he will get, at best. Worked for me.. It'll work for him.

theoldgrumpybear

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
My 2 and 4 yo girls play with our smart phones regularly, but it does not replace the writing with crayon on walls or building with lego's or other toys.
It is interesting to see the character recognition and "spelling" that is done with the electronic gadgets.
A smartphone (or ipod touch) is the right size for a toddler to work with in comparison with a standard keyboard and mouse (wich they also love playing with).

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
the iPhone – and other smartphones like it –
Way to go Marcus! I understand that the iPhone makes a sensational title and smartphone is old cow, but at least someone knows there is more than one device out there with apps on it~

including the iGo Potty app that helps in potty training.
I laughed and blew a little iced Chai out my nose when I read this. Child + Expensive Electronics + toilet asfor it's intended use, I bet apple loved seeing this in the app store!

there're plenty of necessary learning experiences that cannot be acquired in the virtual world.
Have you ever seen the matrix? If your not one of us, your one of them!

G

In other news, Steve Jobs looks to be buying up companies that develop drugs to control ADHD

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]squiggs77[/nom]If we ever lose our electricity infrastructure, we are all dead. No one will know how to survive.[/citation]

I also happen to be a gun enthusiast and hunter. Everything is going to be alright, for me. lol

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]assmar[/nom]. So take your iphone with you WHEN YOU GO CAMPING! But go camping, fo sho.[/citation]

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Taking electronics with you when you go camping (out side of a GPS which is your back up to actual maps and a compass and some other essentials) defeats the purpose of going camping.

If you can't live with out your precious electronic distractions for a few days to a week its a statement about your state of mind. And a disturbing on at that.

Yes I've got more electronic toys than i know what to do with, but when i go camping (And i go alot) none of that comes with me.

If/when I have kids they're getting lego, and as much as I resented my parents for it; no consoles for a long time, My kids will be like me, rough and tumble go out side and play in the dirt so that when they do get the electronic crap they don't be come totally reliant on it to entertain them selves.

G

£500 phone to a baby. the recession has not hit enough people yet!!!

slash their benefits....

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
I tell my kid it's an "MP3 player" and not an "Apple iPod Touch".

At least give them a chance not to be brain washed by advertising, you don't need to help them any.

Status
Not open for further replies.