News iPhone just embarrassed Android again — here’s why

Status
Not open for further replies.

M17

Prominent
Apr 11, 2021
Iphones need huge improvements in software to catch up to android like their recent release of wait for it .... widgets! While I'm happy for ios users that finally got this functionality it's something Andoird has had for at least 10 years.... As long the security updates come to android phones that's all the matters. Besides most average users don't really use all the new latest features that are provided anyways.

Reactions: IHateUsernames2
Apr 11, 2021
Wow. When I clicked, I thought this was going to be a revealing article. How does the slow adoption rate of others affect my experience? It's not just Pixels that update early and often. Updates on my Oneplus are pretty effortless.

Apr 11, 2021
Iphones need huge improvements in software to catch up to android like their recent release of wait for it .... widgets! While I'm happy for ios users that finally got this functionality it's something Andoird has had for at least 10 years.... As long the security updates come to android phones that's all the matters. Besides most average users don't really use all the new latest features that are provided anyways.
You forgot to add the part that Apple will claim they had widgets first. Always important to claim to be first, even if it's not true.

Reactions: Benji777

Benji777

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
This is comical! The consumer base is still dominated by Androids, I always find it hilarious that stores carry a ton of iPhone accessories for 1% of the people that shop in the store in a years time and then have a boatload of iPhone accessories on clearance, I saw an Otterbox for the iPhone 12 marked down to $3.

Apr 11, 2021
It gets worse. I just went to the author's source and found this nice graph outlining the general Android vs IOS adoption rate.

Android 11 adoption rate will never be this high due to market fragmentation and crappy manufacturers not supporting their own devices and not pushing updates. That doesn't make Apple superior or more popular.

A journalist's duty is to inform, not to imprint their opinions into their articles. If they prefer IOS that's their business, but they shouldn't try to manipulate us into believing IOS has more users. This is misleading and an insult to the reader's intelligence.

ow7iee

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2012
LoL 🤣 What the heck is this?? I don't really care if iphone and apples os dominated the market & people all over the world gathered in 'apple churches', praying to their iPhone Gods.

I'd still prefer any Android device over iPhone.. Why? Since I'm a geek and been using android since day 1.. Back when Google Play.... was Android Market and iphone had millions of great apps/games in appstore. Most people didn't even know about the little green robot & the few apps in Android Market worth installing was lightyears behind ios versions.

iPhone is NOT a smartphone! Its a restricted.. Locked, super-boring 'feature -phone' with its smartphone capabilities stripped away or blocked/dumbed down. All because of apples dictatorship wishes and big brother complex bka blah

Status
Not open for further replies.