iPhone OS 3.0 Preview Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

maaksel

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Copy and paste - allowing to use a GPS 'find' function, such as the google app for blackberry.

The problem is that they have boasted that 'nothing runs in the background' - hence saving battery life... problem is, some people want thing to run in the background. Thats why you can't copy and paste anything, there isn't a clipboard to copy/paste to and from.

G

i want fully functional bluetooth, mms and flash support pretty much in that order.

the rest i can deal with. for now though we'll have to stick with jailbreaking.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
I wonder if the next iphone will use the new multicore ARM's. the Pre's processor is roughly double as powerful as the Iphones, so they had better step up their game.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Hopefully the last 24 months of hard development will pay off and they will finally unlock the secret to sending picture messages.

Or not. Because Apple knows whats best.

OrderChaos

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
First-Flash,
Second-copy-paste,
Third-mms,
Fourth-background app capability,
Fifth-Ability to create a "shopping cart" of apps to download and install simultaneously, instead of exiting and reentering the app store every time you choose an app to download.

I know we're supposed to focus on software, but a faster processor would be a nice addition, that would also help with the flash issues.
Also, and I don't see this happening, but I love the resistive touch screens...like I said, I don't see Apple including that, but I personally love them.

csv

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
Bluetooht fully functional - as on Nokia and other phones
MMS
SMS forward option - send a received or send message to other contacts
Flash in Safari

armistitiu

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2008
[citation][nom]doggykyle[/nom]intel. atom.[/citation]
No way in hell they're gonna stick an Atom into their precious phone. Seriously... it's too much and you're gonna have to recharge your phone daily. Now that's not gonna be good for business. What i would like on iPhone is ...Android :)

kansur0

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
an nVidia chip to accelerate graphics is my call on the big change in hardware. as for apps...

the google maps application that includes GPS locations is hard to use and very lacking in features. all you can do is bookmark a location or add it to contacts. why would i want to litter my personal contacts with locations? i don't even know how to get to a bookmarked location. when you do a direction search from point A to point B you have to manually step through the directions. even though you are being tracked by GPS google maps has no idea where you are...it should function like a GPS and as you make direction changes or turns it will take you to the next nav change.

Now that the ipod talks to us...you would think the next iphone would be able to do the same...so? I see a talking GPS coming.

I think a front camera for teleconferences will be on the device (iChat).

If they change the connection on the bottom for power and video like they did between iPhone revisions that is going to really make alot of people including myself very upset. DON'T DO IT!

And last but not least...FLASH!!!

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]I wonder if the next iphone will use the new multicore ARM's. the Pre's processor is roughly double as powerful as the Iphones, so they had better step up their game.[/citation]

The toshiba phone's snapdragon processor is 1Ghz and the phone is also thinner. Like you said they should step up their game, the snapdragon is 3 times as fast as the iphones processor.

One thing that stops me from getting the iphone is the lack of a qwerty keyboard. I want a full keyboard. Ive used iphones many times from friends, and blackberry keyboards are much much easier to type with.

If the iphone ever came out with a keyboard like this http://www.techshout.com/images/iphone-keyboard.jpg then i would drop my contracts and switch immedietly.

rchrdrdr

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Why anyone would prefer a pullout keyboard is beyond me. The touch screen is what the iPhone is ALL about. And I like how people cannot stay on topic. This is about software! Dummies galore.

The iPhone/Touch needs copy & paste, flash support and better multi-tasking management(yea, yea...better cpu and more ram). Landscape mode for all apps would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.