Not open for further replies.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
My hit list ...
- Copy & Paste (duhhh)
- a better way to (re-)organize lots of icons
- Adobe Flash player
- maintain threads in mail application (gmail)
- memory clean-up and status
- bookmark in Apps (to retrieve an app later)
- easy way to enable/disable screen rotation
- open Calendar to allow other apps (i.e. ToDo)

siulzelaznog

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
"More to the point, do you think Apple is likely to leave out any of these features for a third year running and why?"

Well, as long as people keep blindly buying there products and not look around to see what the competition has to offer, Apple will keep on doing what they think is better for bu$ine$$ and not listen to what there customers want.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Copy \ paste !!
adobe flash !!
Picture TXT --> MMS !!!!

thats all, not askin too much, everything else i can happily live with.

G

Any word if this will just be an OS upgrade or some sort of new phone included? Can iPhone 2.0 users upgrade to the 3.0 OS or are we out of luck?

I have a family member who might buy an iPhone today... I guess they could wait a week to find out.

zuesacuatl

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
With the way apple runs, I would honestly say that they will not fix it till they have a new phone they can charge you for again that contains those features, but is missing others. It is the best way to make money, and as someone said earlier, since fanboys blindly buy those products, it is the way they will continue to run.

curryj02

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2008
Everything as far as software goes has already been listed. There may be a way of doing this that I just don't know about, but can you use the horizontal keyboard for writing SMS msgs yet? I know you can in the browser, but what about whilst texting?
Also, in terms of hardware (in order):
- Better reception
- Better battery life
- Louder speaker

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I go to AT&T and look at the phones that they give away to customers in groups of 5. I want the iPhone to at least have all the features those pile of shit phones do. MMS, Voice Dialing, etc.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
No voice dialing? Surely you just mean without bluetooth/headset.

Sadly some of these things are missing from the G1 as well. No MMS/video recording. No copy-paste. No flash (but it is coming). Apparently the common trend it to make these phones as impractical as possible.

I'm not sure what to call phones like the G1 and iPhone. They aren't really PDAs, but the aren't really cell-phones either. They fall right in the middle, lacking functionality you would want from either end.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]No voice dialing? Surely you just mean without bluetooth/headset.Sadly some of these things are missing from the G1 as well. No MMS/video recording. No copy-paste. No flash (but it is coming). Apparently the common trend it to make these phones as impractical as possible.I'm not sure what to call phones like the G1 and iPhone. They aren't really PDAs, but the aren't really cell-phones either. They fall right in the middle, lacking functionality you would want from either end.[/citation]

Sadly, no. You cannot voice dial on the iPhone without a third party app and those are just a pain in the ass to use.

Everyone says Windows Mobile "sucks" but Mobile 7.0 is going to have all of those features. Maybe if they can get it on a handset that doesn't suck I'll switch from this iPhone.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
How about simply putting out the iPhone for people who refuse to use AT&T? Setting up restrictive contracts like that is stupid. The iPhone is probably the only reason AT&T still has customers! lol

Verizon dominates the market I'm in for sure. Personally I love Verizon, and would rather buy a Blackberry Storm simply because it's Verizon. The iPhone isn't worth switching to AT&T for, as they are simply horrible in my area.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
3.0 looks ok,

Would like copy n paste (be first phone that i know of with this feature,, ,,,, well except Palm)
disable screen rotation.. that'd be nice, sometimes i don't want it to flip, seriously the accelerometer is sensitive (but accurate)

As far as changing carriers, I honestly don't think Verizon is going to give up its VCAST to allow the likes of Itunes stepping in on their territory. By far, apple sets the standard that other phones are trying to copy.

I don't think the Iphone is going to get any new hardware updates till the end of the year or beginning next. Only hardware change would be either minor upgrades or a nano-version or forward vid conferance camera

KJ22

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
"Sadly some of these things are missing from the G1 as well. No MMS/video recording. No copy-paste. No flash (but it is coming). Apparently the common trend it to make these phones as impractical as possible."

Hellwig, I'm not sure what G1 you've been using, but the G1 I own definitely has copy/paste and MMS. It is lacking Flash and video recording, but the video recording should be taken care of in April with the supposed "cupcake" update.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Wow all these things people want on the i phone.. Im glad i got a phone that already has all of it. Love my storm.

My wishlist..

yeah i actualy dont really care what it gets actualy.

G

"Would like copy n paste (be first phone that i know of with this feature,, ,,,, well except Palm)"

Apparently you've never used Windows Mobile. It's had copy paste for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.