iPhone Owners Protesting at Apple HQ Over Foxconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... here are the list of other companies, that use foxconn... apple is just the successful one... i think, all of the listed companies need to improve the conditions of the workers at foxconn... don't blame just apple, blame all in the list... apple is the only one on the list, that seams to care a bit, because the reputation is on the line... line all up you kindle users, xbox users, lumia users and so on...

Acer Inc. (Taiwan)
Amazon.com (United States)
Apple Inc. (United States)
ASRock (Taiwan)
Asus (Taiwan)
Barnes & Noble (United States)
Cisco (United States)
Dell (United States)
EVGA Corporation (United States)
Hewlett-Packard (United States)
Intel (United States)
IBM (United States)
Lenovo (China)
Microsoft (United States)
MSI (Taiwan)
Motorola (United States)
Netgear (United States)
Nintendo (Japan)
Nokia (Finland)
Panasonic (Japan)
Samsung (South Korea)
Sharp (Japan)
Sony (Japan)
Sony Ericsson (Japan/Sweden)
Vizio (United States)

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
if people chose to work at foxconn, and arent forced to work there... i couldnt care less... its sad their country is that bad that foxconn is a realistic option and not a last ditch effort for employment, its chinese society, not just foxconn that needs to change.

that said, to combat this, apple should say they need x phones for x $ and if anyone can do it, they get the job... and maybe than people will shut up about foxconn.

gromann

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
Owning no hardware produced by any of those companies via Foxconn, I enjoy my right to guilt every person who purchases Apple. Start with the biggest problem and then work on the others.

jezus53

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
If only we could have this kinda of demand for transparency for our government. But no, fighting to stop corruption in government is far less important than you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside about your iphone purchase. Stay classy Apple fans.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... here are the list of other companies, that use foxconn...[/citation]

I love this excuse. "B-B-But other people do it too!" Yeah, some parts of the world still allow slavery. Since they're doing it, EVERYONE SHOULD! That's the argument you're making. Silly, ain't it?

G

Oh no Apple will lose the purchasing power of the hipster protester. How will they cope only selling 15.2 million iPads next quarter instead of 15.4!

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]DjEaZy is an isheep[/nom]DjEaZy is an isheep!Not all Foxconn factories have slave labor.Those other companies use the other foxconn factories. Apple uses the salve labor ones!DjEaZy = isheep fail[/citation]
... wow dude... you really put the effort to register this username to write this B$? "respect"!!!
... foxcon is one organisation, and foxconn=slavelabor... that's, way the list uses it... to improve on profit margin... the one thing, that i use from apple is iPhone 4S... but i have a Acer 18,4'' laptop... and i use parts from Asus for my desktop... and sadly all of named company's are on this list...

Acer Inc. (Taiwan)
Amazon.com (United States)
Apple Inc. (United States)
ASRock (Taiwan)
Asus (Taiwan)
Barnes & Noble (United States)
Cisco (United States)
Dell (United States)
EVGA Corporation (United States)
Hewlett-Packard (United States)
Intel (United States)
IBM (United States)
Lenovo (China)
Microsoft (United States)
MSI (Taiwan)
Motorola (United States)
Netgear (United States)
Nintendo (Japan)
Nokia (Finland)
Panasonic (Japan)
Samsung (South Korea)
Sharp (Japan)
Sony (Japan)
Sony Ericsson (Japan/Sweden)
Vizio (United States)

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I've got a better idea. Boycott the iPad 3 and any future Apple products until conditions improve. They might hurt a bit if it shows up on a financial statement.

Novulux

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
[citation][nom]The greater Good[/nom]I love this excuse. "B-B-But other people do it too!" Yeah, some parts of the world still allow slavery. Since they're doing it, EVERYONE SHOULD! That's the argument you're making. Silly, ain't it?[/citation]

That was the argument he was making? The rest of what he wrote didn't seem to indicate that..

G

Most of these people are idiots. If you own a computer it's almost guaranteed to have Foxconn parts in it regardless of brand name. Got to question the motives of the people pulling the strings behind these protests and news articles.

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
“Apps.....short for applications, meaning every *.exe file is a "app" on a windows system. Apple just pushed a trendy name so idiots with no idea of what is going on in any computer or smartphone could sound techie and feel good about the $500 they just wasted on slave labor products that track their use and movements so they can be better advertised to.”

Source: TPU

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Its true all these company's use foxcon and all have some roll to play in fixing the current situation. The reason apple gets "picked on" is because they put more pressure on foxcon to produce higher volumes for less than other company's. And they have dedicated factory's for apple products and apple has the highest margin on their products so they have to ability to do something about it.

zachusaman

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... here are the list of other companies, that use foxconn... apple is just the successful one...[/citation]

they USE A DIFFERENT PART!!!
these issues with suicides and terrible conditions are specific to the factories that APPLE USES ONLY!!
perhaps the other factories arent exactly great work either, but apples got the worst of the worst here.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]zachusaman[/nom]they USE A DIFFERENT PART!!!these issues with suicides and terrible conditions are specific to the factories that APPLE USES ONLY!!perhaps the other factories arent exactly great work either, but apples got the worst of the worst here.[/citation]

Is that why the Foxconn workers making Microsoft's Xbox360 threatened mass suicide if they didn't get more pay?

The reason Apple is in the news is because everything Apple related is news. In fact, you can be sure that there are much worse working conditions to be found in China.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Amazing what it takes to make a big corporation do what it should be doing in the first place.
That's what happens when management spends more time on quarterly earning reports than on check on 'how' the earnings where achieved.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]hardcore_gamer[/nom]“Apps.....short for applications, meaning every *.exe file is a "app" on a windows system. Apple just pushed a trendy name so idiots with no idea of what is going on in any computer or smartphone could sound techie and feel good about the $500 they just wasted on slave labor products that track their use and movements so they can be better advertised to.”Source: TPU[/citation]
Executables in Mac OS have a *.app extension, which is where this word comes from. Sadly even Microsoft uses it.

Status
Not open for further replies.