Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Zak Islam again?
Oh boy, yes it was written by Zac Islam

We kinda want news too. Just a hint there ;3

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]HotRoderx[/nom]really this makes no since whats androids total usage? Why brake it down?[/citation]
(what you write makes much less sense!)
No chart or comparison can answer every possible question out there.
This one is focused on smartphone brands, not operating systems. Just cause Apple uses only iOS doesn't make this iOS vs Android! Not all Samsung smartphones use Android, and neither do all the other brands that are grouped together as "Other Smartphones" that make up 37%.
You probably got confused because what Zak Islam wrote at the end under The breakdown from Chitika is not the same as what the pie chart from Chitika represents. You may have not noticed this. I didn't see a breakdown of "Other Smartphones" (like what the Chart says) into Non-Samsung Android smartphones, Blackberry and Windows phone on the chart or any of the links in this article (PC-Mag or Chitika). So I am not sure if Zak is making a mistake or he actually has a source for this different data he is posting.
Ultimately, these kinds of statistics should always be taken with a massive grain of salt. Anyone with common sense understands that the results can vary greatly when you make changes to demographics and parameters of data collection (what qualifies each piece of data, like what qualifies as "web traffic" and how and where the data is gathered from).

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I'm no rocket scientist but I'd say based on the graph and the text in the article, the title should read "iPhone Responsible for 46% of Smartphone Web Traffic". That's 43% for other iPHone traffic and 3% iPhone 5 traffic.

I have a DROID, though. Couldn't be happier.

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
OK, si we have "other apple", "other smartphone", "samsung", "other samsung" ...
Why not add a category "Other Alcatel" and "Nokia Lumias with blue borders" ... those with a red or yellow border belonging to the "Windows Phone 7 other" category ? This would have made it clearer to everybody now?

If you believe this chart, all the 6 month old iPhone 4s have already been replaced (on their way to the recycler) and all the iPhone 3G/S have already been recycled into electric cars.

Anyway, the only logical conclusion we can draw is that the iPhones are data hoggers unable to manage their bandwidth efficiently...

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Oh my fault... the poor colour choice of the graph (and sunlight here) led me to confuse the Apple and Apple Other. The data makes more sense now. Still an useless article though ...

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Makes sense, since iOS6 is the most ad-intrusive version yet, and the tracking features have been expanded as well. Not something to be proud of...(sic).

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
[citation][nom]azraa[/nom]Zak Islam again?Oh boy, yes it was written by Zac IslamWe kinda want news too. Just a hint there ;3[/citation]

I rarely take notice of the author, but that you mention it, most of the poor "news" articles are by him

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]HotRoderx[/nom]...no really this makes no since whats androids total usage? Why brake it down?[/citation]
[N]o[.] [R]eally[,] this makes no s[e]ne[.] [W]hat[']s [A]ndroid[']s total usage? Why br[ea]k it down?

Wow.

mdahlke

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
[citation][nom]reprotected[/nom]Tom's Hardware: PhD in trolling iHaters.[/citation]

Android still accounts for more web traffic.

G

yea i would say at least 43% of people on the net are retarded and overpay for garbage hardware made by slaves

Status
Not open for further replies.