Review iPhone SE 2022 review: A pint-d powerhouse

Apr 11, 2022
This review was very helpful, for about a month I was searching for a new phone, and now I know that this one is for me.

Apr 2, 2023
Helpful review - BUT.
If i'm looking for a small phone the constant reminder that it's a small phone is not needed. You state up front that it's small and mention the downsides. But then you keep repeating. i registered that it's small the first dozen times that was mentioned. If i wanted a larger phone like the pixel 5a i wouldn't be looking at the SE. So, review was useful and in-depth it could have done without the constant pixel 5a references.

Jun 30, 2023
I appreciate the review. I was Looking at replacing a 7 year old 1st Gen iPhone SE which is the same size as the iPhone 4/5/5S. Lived with the 5S until Apple came out with the 1st Gen SE. Battery in it is reaching end of life. Cost of having it replaced led me to look at replacing the phone as the O/S is also stuck at iO/S 15, perhaps with a few more minor security updates, but there won't be an iO/S 16 for it. Also stuck at 4G which will continue for a while. I don't want a large phone. I want a small one. If I want something with a big screen, it's why I have a tablet. Alas, Apple seems to be chasing after the "larger is better" concept. Just ordered a 3rd Gen SE and will make do with its larger size in spite of wishing it were the same size as the 1st Gen SE. If the next generation of iPhones are all larger than the 2nd/3rd Gen SE I'll run the wheels off of it until someone makes a small phone again. Nearly every big phablet phone I see has a cracked glass on the screen . . . indicative of people sitting on their giant phones, whereas I can easily put a small one on my belt where I won't sit on it.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023
Helpful review - BUT.
If i'm looking for a small phone the constant reminder that it's a small phone is not needed. You state up front that it's small and mention the downsides. But then you keep repeating. i registered that it's small the first dozen times that was mentioned. If i wanted a larger phone like the pixel 5a i wouldn't be looking at the SE. So, review was useful and in-depth it could have done without the constant pixel 5a references.
Also looking for small phone . . . wishing these were the same size as the 1st Gen SE.

Fox Tread3

Great
Jun 19, 2023
Also looking for small phone . . . wishing these were the same size as the 1st Gen SE.
Sir, I have nothing to say regarding the subject at hand, or your questions. However, as a student of military history and subjects. I have to tell you that General Mad Anthony Wayne, along with General Daniel Morgan (victor at the Battle of Cowpens) and other Revolutionary War officers like Light Horse Harry Lee. Are among some of my favorite military personalities. Stay well, and congratulations on choosing such a fantastic forum name. 👍👍😊

Reactions: Mad Anthony Wayne