News iPhone SE 3 release , price, specs and leaks

Nov 8, 2021
I noticed the comment hoping for a design change. I am one of those who like that design. I currently have an iphone 7, and it suits me fine. I want the button, so any discussion of eliminating that takes me out of consideration for this phone. I believe this is why Apple is keeping this as they probably know there are a lot of people like me.

smatrese

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008

smatrese

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
The iPhone SE 3 is probably coming soon and we expect some nice upgrades. Here’s what we know so far.

iPhone SE 3 release , price, specs and leaks : Read more

I can't stand the notches and the chin and forehead give me somewhere to grab without a digitizer. This no notch BS seems like nerd snobbery imo (not that I am immune). I also had brain cancer surgery last year and I'm down to one hand that works right (and one that only sort of works), not having the entire face be a touchscreen is fine by me (especially if I have to pay extra for an ugly notch).

I don't understand why we have to choose between TouchID and FaceID, we can easily have both. Samsung gave us both and added an iris scanner. I love TouchID, unless I have wet hands or gloves on. If you must have the whole front be a screen, the power button can be a sensor (under screen is terrible in my experience).

The battery life would be a welcome improvement. Instead of a widescreen (or in addition, yeah right), I'd love a telephoto for things like my daughter's band concerts.

I'm due for a new phone 4/1/22, so I hope your timeline is right and the SE3 (or whatever they call it) is out March 2022!