iPhone Sells Measly 5,000 in China

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zzzxtreme

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
there are plenty of poor people in china. and there are PLENTY of rich people in china. cars are twice the price as in US. chinese are just not interested in Apple product rip-offs.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]maestintaolius[/nom]This is really the thing that I think most people miss. During my business travels I've noticed how many more high tech things are available in other countries, particularly S. Korea and Japan (and to a lesser extent the modern areas of China). In the US, phones and various other little QOL technologies tend to lag behind or are very slow to adopt (I'm thinking it has to do with the average American being fairly resistant to or suspicious of change). Some of the Japanese smart phones in particular are absolutely crazy in how many useful little features they have compared to US smart phones.[/citation]
I want to move to Japan just for a $60/month gigabit net...
I want to move to South Korea for tech...
Nothing but crappy phones and $60/month 15megabit here!

scryer_360

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
China has had the iPhone for years, just not the "official" one. There have been clones, even clones that are better than the iPhone, since the original 2.5G iPhone launched. I read once that when the iPhone launched, a cloner leased some manufacturing capacity and not only cloned everything in the iPhone, but added 3G support. So when we got out iPhone 2.5s, China already had a 3G version.

radiowars

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
That sucks for Apple. But I'm actually kinda glad, I really don't see why the iphone is so popular. I guess it is just us "Selection starved Americans".

Status
Not open for further replies.