iphone vs galaxy s4 import picture in windows 7

Rahul Jayawant

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
I have a iphone 4 and galaxy s4 and whenever i connect these phones to my windows 7 ultimate laptop i get a autoplay option and i import pictures and videos using this option. But i see very different pattern when importing photos from both the phones,

Whenever i import photos from iphone i guess it checks for last import date and import those only photos in laptop taken after last import date whereas the galaxy s4 i guess is not checking for last import date it imports all photos from the phone in laptop.

Can i make galaxy s4 also to check for last import date and import those photos only after last import date to avoid duplicates

iPhone uses the iTunes software that's installed on your computer to check for old versus new files in your iTunes library, thereby avoiding duplication.

Samsung mobiles (indeed all Android mobiles) do not use (and cannot use) iTunes at all, so they have no way of checking what files you've already copied over from last time.

The only way to prevent files being copied from the Samsung to your laptop that you've already copied is to keep your phone pictures backed up on two hard drives, then every time you copy files over, format the memory card and start afresh. You should be doing that anyway 'cos if you don't format memory cards regularly they eventually become corrupt, then you've lost everything that's on it.