iPhone4 recover, need help immediately

zygeeee

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Hi,

So ive got a following problem, basically thru playing and messing around with my iphone4 i got it locked, it says the iphone is disabled please connected to itunes.

The problem is that im on holidays and that i need access to my iPhone and at home i dont have the access to the old itunes computer.

My question is, ive seen some google tutorial how to restore my iphone completetly with a new pc ive never had itunes access. But they only show a way how to restore it completely, so that means i will lose all my data and my contacts etc.

My question is can i restore my iphone with a new pc and somehow still keep my pictures - do a backup somehow or we? Or I'm pretty much stuck and i need to restore it completely, that means losing all my data etc.?

Incase i need to do the worst scenario and restore it completely, i have a little problem. My phone power button is not working so i cant restart my iphone properly.

My phone is still running and before i was logged in into apple store with an ID etc, can i log in with that id on my mac and it will sync since im logged on the same ID on my mac and my iPhone?

Thanks

Solution

rjackowens

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

If your iPhone is disabled, you basically will lose all your data regardless what you do. I buy broken iPhones on eBay, so I have had to fix this issue before several times. You can do this in several ways, but either way you will need to follow one of the following methods.

Method 1. Use Redsn0w. It's a free program that you can use to unlock disable IOS devices. Follow these instructions:http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=23009

Method 2. Download your IOS firmware from Google. Plug your iPhone into your computer via USB. Download iTunes. Then go into iTunes and click "Restore" while holding down the shift button. (keep in mind getting into DFU mode without the top power button means you have to completely run down the battery until it turns off). Then navigate your firmware you downloaded earlier and open it. iTunes will then begin installing it. Here's full directions: http://iphoners.org/shift-restore.itunes/

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions

zygeeee

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013

Hey rjackowens,

I appreciate a lot that you are the only one helping me out, i just got back from holidays and tried to do it with "redsnow" i did everthing extracted the files - did the "customwire" and then i came to this point

Step 5: Now connect your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to your computer via the USB cable and launch iTunes. Click on your iOS Device from the sidebar and then hold down the OPTION key on your keyboard and click the Restore button. Doing this will bring up a new window where you can select the custom ENTER_DFU firmware file. Do this now and your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad will begin being restored.

I plugged my iphone it openeded itunes and it said that it "Cannot connect to the device iphone"name" and that is needed to enter a pincode before.

I don't really know where from i can find "devices" and choose my iphone coz all i can see is the itunes music store and the error massage where i can just press ok and i get back to normal Itunes.

Help please!!!!

rjackowens

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

What is most likely happening is iTunes isn't detecting your iPhone correctly. In that case there's several things you can do:

1 You could try using a different Apple charging cable (I have found for some reason, certain iPhones don't work with certain cables), or try using a different USB port.

2 If you have USB 3.0 ports on your PC, try using those.

3 If that doesn't help, after you plug your iPhone into your computer and get the error, put your iPhone in DFU mode like I said earlier (completely run down the battery until it turns off, then turn it on by pressing and holding the home button). Hopefully iTunes will detect the iPhone in recovery mode, which is then very easy to restore as normal.

4 Reinstall iTunes and make sure it is 64-Bit if your PC is 64-Bit. Reinstalling iTunes will also reinstall the Apple Drivers automatically.

5 Open up "Devices and Printers" under Control Panel when your iPhone is connected, and see if the iPhone is appearing there. Sometimes it will show up as "Apple Mobile Device", which usually means the driver needs to be reinstalled

BTW, no problem at all helping you. I enjoy helping whenever I can. Hopefully you will get the problem fixed! :)

zygeeee

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013

Well all i want to do is put it to the dfu mode with the home button, i've alrdy ran down the battery in my holidays so i could try it now.

Basically the battery is fully empty, then i plug it into my pc and it shows the loading sign, that the battery is loading. After 5mins or so it just goes up, i see the apple sign and then its just up with 5% of battery and its pretty much it. I've read thru the guides and i just need to hold the home button when i see the apple sign right? Coz my lock button is not working.

http://i44.tinypic.com/rc1wfs.jpg
My iTunes, i'm just wondering if im right here? Or do i need something else, coz this openes up and i get the message that its not possible to connect into my phone.

rjackowens

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

So your iPhone is not being detected by iTunes. If you try the steps I said earlier, it hopefully will detect it. If you can get it detected, it will take make a beep and the iTunes screen will say "iPhone connected" or something like that. Then you can just restore it.

zygeeee

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013

I dont really get it, well it obviously gets detected coz as soon as i plug in my iphone it makes a beep and says that the iphone needs a pincode to be entered.

rjackowens

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

Oh, I see. You would still have to put it into DFU mode then.

After you get into DFU mode (you might have to try several times), the iPhone display should look like this: https://discussions.apple.com/___sbsstatic___/migration-images/166/16619343-2.png . If you don't see that on your iPhone, you are not in DFU mode. So keep trying until you get that image.

Then all you need to do is connect it to your PC, iTunes will automatically detect it and say something like "iPhone detected in Recovery mode, click to restore" and then you can restore it without a password.

Solution

arnold cenalia

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014