iPhones are great — but this is why I can't quit Android

GoGoGriffster

Prominent
Feb 3, 2022
I hear you completely. But the cool features of iOS is that it works, and it works. It seems every time I try and use my Tab S8 Ultra for anything it just highlights how badly applications are coded and how badly Android is coded. Simple thinks like copy and pasting from a web page to a chat window are frustratingly so difficult. Copy and pasting from a web page to OneNote just doesn’t work. All the things that make the Duolingo app on iOS simple to use aren’t available on the Android version. So many Android apps default to portrait on a tablet and have to be Windowed or used in Dex…..and the list goes on and on. Every little niggle is like a death of a thousand cuts. I’d love to get the Galaxy Z Fold 4 when it comes out but I couldn’t use it as a daily driver. Even if all those issues were resolved, for me personally, it would be hard to switch as 90-95% of my family and friends are on iOS so iMessage, shared Reminders, Notes and Calendar work so Much better than the Google versions for shared items, reminders on behalf of someone else or the family.

Harry Devlin

Prominent
Jul 1, 2020
Apple’s iPhones are great but boring compared to Android phones like the Google Pixel 5 Pro and Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.

iPhones are great — but this is why I can't quit Android : Read more
It's not just being boring or not, there are a great many things that Android phones can do that are just not possible on iOS, capabilities that I use fairly often. But I have both an iPhone and an Android phone so if I need functionality that's only available on Android, it's available.

GoGoGriffster

Prominent
Feb 3, 2022
It's not just being boring or not, there are a great many things that Android phones can do that are just not possible on iOS, capabilities that I use fairly often. But I have both an iPhone and an Android phone so if I need functionality that's only available on Android, it's available.

What sort of unique things are those that you use often that iOS can’t do?

Sep 22, 2022
I wanted to switch to the iphone as all my friends have one, as well as my husband. I got the 14 pro max, and while the phone itself is absolutely gorgeous and feels nice and heavy in my hand... it wants to tell me what I can and can't do with MY phone.
With iphone you cannot put apps anywhere you want on the screen without the other apps sliding around weirdly and you can't put an app in an empty space on a page.. literally why? Why can't I put apps wherever I please? This makes zero sense for "stability ". You also have to jump through hoops to customize your phone.. if you want to use custom icons there is a whole process that can take up to an hour.

You can't use a background photo for messages (you can set a different picture for every conversation on Android) you can't change chat bubble colors, the camera features on iOS are so basic...
The camera IS nice on iOS, but again it all boils down to lack of customization. Using iOS feels like wading through wet concrete and Android feels like swimming on the back of a dolphin after getting a full body wax.
So I gave my 14 pro max to my husband, and went and picked up the Samsung Ultra 22.

I will not be attempting to switch again until apple allows it's users to have AGENCY of their very expensive devices.

Oh, and location sharing on iOS is super cool with your friends and family but like... What's really the point?
Facetime is also nice but both Snapchat AND Instagram have video calling.
I think iphone is really for people who just want to fit in with everyone else and they don't mind having zero control over anything on their devices.