iPhone's iOS 4 Cracked; Hacked to Upgrade 3G Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Why give extra features on my perfectly good 3g, when they can force me to upgrade?

(iZombie voice) "Jobs......Must have 4g......for backgrounds......ugghhh" "Need brains.....must find a PC....."

The Dark Wall

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
Multi-tasking is something that should be built in to smartphones. I don't get why Apple users are deprived of it. And it isn't really an extra feature.

Just wish Apple cared about the customers more.

FYI: I am not an Apple user. Can't afford it at least...

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... my 3G is iOS4 and multitasking... must say... i understand, why multitask is disabled for 3G... because of the RAM... two to four apps open and 3G is choking...

maurath55

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
quick question. now that i have ios4 and multitasking[redsnow worked perfect on my 3g} how do i get to my phone favorites? i used to just double click the home button.

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
I just did mine yesterday before I sell it on eBay ... my iPhone4 gets here today ... and I completely agree with Apple here.

Several of my apps crash once I open two or more. It just doesn't have the hardware to do it.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]Ofcorse the hardware can handle the multitasking, just Apple who wants to rob their cultists abit more...[/citation]

Well, that and the fact that the iPhone 3G has so little ram in it, that multitasking will be a torture on it.

I believe the ram is as follows:

iPhone 3G: 128MB
iPhone 3GS: 256MB
iPhone 4: 512MB

You could easily see why multitasking would be a bit painful on the 3G.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
[citation][nom]godwhomismike[/nom]Well, that and the fact that the iPhone 3G has so little ram in it, that multitasking will be a torture on it. I believe the ram is as follows:iPhone 3G: 128MBiPhone 3GS: 256MBiPhone 4: 512MBYou could easily see why multitasking would be a bit painful on the 3G.[/citation]
Agreed. I am sure Apple didn't exclude those features out of plain evil, but memory is already a precious thing on the 3G (and out-of-memory-crashes somewhat common).

gpace

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]Just wish Apple cared about the customers more.[/citation]

I wish customers were more informed. Many people I know with the iPhone would have done just fine on a cheaper phone. All they use it for is phone calls, texts, and music. Almost all phones have the first two, and many media phones have a microSD card slot for music and others.

As for multitasking, the amount of ram and the CPU would decide how many tasks you can run at once, but that much ram should be fine for a few simple programs. Heck, my PDA had 64mb of ram and was multitasking.

rsg22

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
I've just done this, and it works a treat.

Yes, the multitasking gets a big sluggish on my 3G after more than 4 apps are open. I've enabled only backgrounds and my phone runs just as well as before - Jobs is full of
Seriously, anyone who uses an non-Jailbroken iPhone is missing out.

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Trueno07[/nom]Wow that took... What, two days to hack?[/citation]

Actually this has been hacked for weeks, it is just that the jailbreak was not released until recently and in order to unlock etc.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
It's new technology... Your great grandparents, grandparents and parents used telephones with nothing more than a rotary dial or button pad. Before that, they used morse and smoke. All these joke smartphones, combined with the telecoms companies, just rape your wallets and brains. But it seems none of you will be satisfied until they stroke your hair, wipe your bottoms and (and once parental controls are turned off) satisfy your sexual urges.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I still don't understand how the iPhone didn't have wallpapers. My old Nokia (the free one that came with my plan when I first signed up 6 years ago) could display wallpaper, at miraculous 192x160 resolution. Windows ME could handle transparent icons on the desktop. I'm really confused as to how Apple couldn't get icons to work on a machine much more capable then the first computer I ran Windows Me on (600Mhz Celeron, 32MB ram).

As for multi-tasking, that's slightly more understandable, but even my old G1 supports multitasking, wallpaper w/ transparent icons, etc... So is there something wrong with iOS that it needs more powerful hardware to do the same things as Android?

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]Ofcorse the hardware can handle the multitasking, just Apple who wants to rob their cultists abit more...[/citation]

A cell phone is supposed to be able to do the most basic things, with simplicity; IE: make phone calls. Every Android phone i have used is lagged out from all the BS that gets thrown on them. Could any iPhone multitask? yea, but without lag? No. Apple is trying to keep their hardware running efficient, and without slowdown.

Jailbreak solutions are provided for all iPhones if you really want multitasking, so shut up and quit bitching. Atleast apple doesn't come out with a new phone every week, like anything that runs Android..

bobdude11

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
A cell phone is supposed to be able to do the most basic things, with simplicity; IE: make phone calls. Every Android phone i have used is lagged out from all the BS that gets thrown on them. Could any iPhone multitask? yea, but without lag? No. Apple is trying to keep their hardware running efficient, and without slowdown.

Jailbreak solutions are provided for all iPhones if you really want multitasking, so shut up and quit bitching. Atleast apple doesn't come out with a new phone every week, like anything that runs Android.."

Excpet that Android runs on a myriad of hardware types and configurations.

iOS is locked to 3 fixed hardware phone configurations. Explain to me again how iOS can't be optimized for each of the 3 (three) hardware phone types?

jeraldjunkmail

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Android is os love. Use Advanced Task Manager religiously to kill processes you aren't using and it is snappier than the I-stone. Apple is doodelijk mannen!!! The 4g will get raped by snapdragon, I am seriously thinking of shorting Apple stock....

Status
Not open for further replies.