IRS Finding Tax Dodgers via Facebook, MySpace

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
as much as i dislike the way our government is going atm, i still dont agree with evading taxes, just leaves me with more to pay to fill in the gap. i think its pretty comical that they are resorting to Myspace and such tough, just proves nowhere is safe from Big Brother anymore. China here we come!

maigo

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I just got payed 50 thousand dollars commission on a huge land deal, and I'll never have to pay taxes on it because the FEDs will never know!

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
And that's exactly why I don't have accounts on any social networking sites...I don't want people to track/find me so easily, particularly old acquaintances.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Haven't people heard of privacy options? I mean you CAN make it so not anyone can browse your profile :S
People stupid enough to have their profile fully public kind of deserve to get owned by their own nonsense imo

coolronz

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2008
hahaha thats funny... hence why i just work for wages... running from the IRS cant be fun... life is too short to be running all the time....

FUtomNOreg

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]the associate[/nom]Haven't people heard of privacy options? I mean you CAN make it so not anyone can browse your profile :SPeople stupid enough to have their profile fully public kind of deserve to get owned by their own nonsense imo[/citation]
You'd better read the terms of service at your soc-net. Those "privacy" options (and the site operators) won't protect you.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Oh no! I can't hide from Uncle Sam anymore! Douchebag, don't put yourself out in the open in the first place and you will be OK. Why are you evading Uncle Sam anyway? What makes you so special?

G

Ask the IRS where the law is that requires a private sector citizen, earning his or her living within 1 of the 50 States, to file a tax return. They can't tell you because the law does NOT tax such earnings. The law is very vague about filing when it comes to private sector citizens but very clear when it comes to foreigners, non-resident aliens, foreign corporations, Federal Government employees at any level, Americans with possessions income (ex.. Income from Guam, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, etc.. which are things the Federal Government owns and can therefore tax whatever from them)and certain foreign based income for Americans.

Interestingly enough, the reason you will NEVER find any part of Title 26, USC, requiring a private sector citizen to file an actual tax return based on money earned in the private sector in any 1 of the 50 States is because there is no law. The reason there is no law is because the US Constitution doesn't allow for such form of taxation.

Article 1, Sec 8, Clause 3
Congress shall have power "To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;" (my note: within the several states was never granted to congress, only among them in a general sense)

Article 1, Sec 9, Clause 4
"No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken"

The 16th Amendment does not authorize a new tax for those of you who are new to this.

Here’s the 16th amendment that was ratified in 1913 which many people assume gave congress a new power of taxation:

“The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.” - - US Constitution, 16th amendment (1913)

The US Supreme Court case, Stanton v. Baltic Mining Co, 240 US 103 (1916) explicitly said "the provisions of the 16th Amendment conferred no new power of taxation"

Read the whole case here at Findlaw.com:

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=240&invol=103

The IRS claims to this day that their authority to lay this income tax directly upon a private sector citizen comes from the new power granted to it by the 16th amendment, which the court already ruled 3 years after the fact that the 16th amendment conferred "no new power of taxation". All the 16th amendment did was to classify the income tax as an "indirect excise" ... that's it! The big argument at the time was whether or not congress could lay an Income tax directly or indirectly. The Supreme Court in 1916 put this whole issue to bed when they ruled that the 16th amendment just confirmed that congress can ONLY LAY AN INCOME TAX INDIRECTLY. A tax that a private sector citizen is not required to pay when earning money in 1 of the 50 states! That is why you find all these parts of the law requiring monies that have to do with foreign transactions and Federal workers and employees as taxable. The US Constitution strictly prohibits direct taxation unless apportioned....period!

Go read the Grace Commission report instituted by Ronald Reagan and released in 1984... and learn where your personal income taxes go, which is to pay the interest on the debt of the federal government... here's that link....

http://www.uhuh.com/taxstuff/gracecom.htm

And here’s an excerpt from the Grace Commission report:

“With two-thirds of everyone's personal income taxes wasted or not collected, 100 percent of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the Federal debt and by Federal Government contributions to transfer payments. In other words, all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services which taxpayers expect from their Government.”

Huh, what did that say, 100% of what is collected is absorbed by interest on the debt and NONE OF IT GOES to pay for the services taxpayers expect from their government!

In short... THE IRS IS THE DODGER! Sad how many Americans don't even know what the law says yet they comply with the mystery tax law based on whether or not they will be prosecuted and possibly thrown in jail. And I don’t blame the American people for doing so. I file as well because I don’t want to deal with the wrath of an UNLAWFUL prosecution. But I DO NOT FILE BECAUSE I BELIEVE I OWE THE TAX! As if the use of force is the actual law itself. It is UNLAWFUL use of force against private sector citizens earning their money from within 1 of the 50 States when 1 of those citizens does NOT file a tax return based on a tax that is not even his/hers!

Americans have become the most complicit group of people (me included) in this GRAND mis-application of the income tax every year... year after year.... the BIGGEST FINANCIAL FRAUD perpetrated on the American people every April 15th. April 15th I would contend is the real April fools day.

G

The above is right. The only legal taxes are apportioned taxes, taxes with a specific purpose. Such as taxing gasoline to pay for roads.

Income tax is not a legal tax, there have been several court cases where people have been found innocent of not paying their taxes because the irs could not provide the legislation saying people had to in the first place, because it doesnt exist.

But, there have been MANY more cases where the person gets thrown in jail or is forced to pay, regardless of the fact there is no law. Most people just accept that there must be one.

There was even one case where the judge said the supreme court decision regarding the 16th amendment and the power of taxation was irrelevant.

Bottom line, even tho its not legal to tax your income....pay your taxes, or you are likely to get screwed. I know they aren't legal but i pay them because i don't want to deal with the irs mafia.

The tax system of the US needs to be completely torn down and redone. Put taxes solely on services and consumption. No irs needed, no tax laywers, no tax accountants, etc. Just pay your tax at point of sale, and you are done.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
The sheer hypocrisy.

Audit then overhaul the damn Federal Reserve ssytem first - where's all that money gone from it?!

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]scared enough[/nom]Ask the IRS where the law is that requires a private sector citizen, earning his or her living within 1 of the 50 States, to file a tax return. They can't tell you because the law does NOT tax such earnings. The law is very vague about filing when it comes to private sector citizens but very clear when it comes to foreigners, non-resident aliens, foreign corporations, Federal Government employees at any level, Americans with possessions income (ex.. Income from Guam, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, etc.. which are things the Federal Government owns and can therefore tax whatever from them)and certain foreign based income for Americans. Interestingly enough, the reason you will NEVER find any part of Title 26, USC, requiring a private sector citizen to file an actual tax return based on money earned in the private sector in any 1 of the 50 States is because there is no law. The reason there is no law is because the US Constitution doesn't allow for such form of taxation.Article 1, Sec 8, Clause 3Congress shall have power "To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;" (my note: within the several states was never granted to congress, only among them in a general sense)Article 1, Sec 9, Clause 4"No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken"The 16th Amendment does not authorize a new tax for those of you who are new to this. Here’s the 16th amendment that was ratified in 1913 which many people assume gave congress a new power of taxation:“The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.” - - US Constitution, 16th amendment (1913) The US Supreme Court case, Stanton v. Baltic Mining Co, 240 US 103 (1916) explicitly said "the provisions of the 16th Amendment conferred no new power of taxation"Read the whole case here at Findlaw.com: http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi- [...] &invol=103The IRS claims to this day that their authority to lay this income tax directly upon a private sector citizen comes from the new power granted to it by the 16th amendment, which the court already ruled 3 years after the fact that the 16th amendment conferred "no new power of taxation". All the 16th amendment did was to classify the income tax as an "indirect excise" ... that's it! The big argument at the time was whether or not congress could lay an Income tax directly or indirectly. The Supreme Court in 1916 put this whole issue to bed when they ruled that the 16th amendment just confirmed that congress can ONLY LAY AN INCOME TAX INDIRECTLY. A tax that a private sector citizen is not required to pay when earning money in 1 of the 50 states! That is why you find all these parts of the law requiring monies that have to do with foreign transactions and Federal workers and employees as taxable. The US Constitution strictly prohibits direct taxation unless apportioned....period!Go read the Grace Commission report instituted by Ronald Reagan and released in 1984... and learn where your personal income taxes go, which is to pay the interest on the debt of the federal government... here's that link....http://www.uhuh.com/taxstuff/gracecom.htmAnd here’s an excerpt from the Grace Commission report:“With two-thirds of everyone's personal income taxes wasted or not collected, 100 percent of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the Federal debt and by Federal Government contributions to transfer payments. In other words, all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services which taxpayers expect from their Government.”Huh, what did that say, 100% of what is collected is absorbed by interest on the debt and NONE OF IT GOES to pay for the services taxpayers expect from their government!In short... THE IRS IS THE DODGER! Sad how many Americans don't even know what the law says yet they comply with the mystery tax law based on whether or not they will be prosecuted and possibly thrown in jail. And I don’t blame the American people for doing so. I file as well because I don’t want to deal with the wrath of an UNLAWFUL prosecution. But I DO NOT FILE BECAUSE I BELIEVE I OWE THE TAX! As if the use of force is the actual law itself. It is UNLAWFUL use of force against private sector citizens earning their money from within 1 of the 50 States when 1 of those citizens does NOT file a tax return based on a tax that is not even his/hers!Americans have become the most complicit group of people (me included) in this GRAND mis-application of the income tax every year... year after year.... the BIGGEST FINANCIAL FRAUD perpetrated on the American people every April 15th. April 15th I would contend is the real April fools day.[/citation]
Bullcrap

http://www.politicalhobbyist.com/debunked/taxmyth.html

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
Ugh, again... isn't facebook meant to be PRIVATE? i thought that was it's whole advantage over MySpace?

still, I suppose the idiots that post incriminating information about them selves on the net are the same idiots that wouldn't make sure the authorities couldn't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.