Is 70c on Mobo hot for a notebook?

kraver0

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
I just bought this notebook yesterday:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8991768&CatId=17

And it runs great.

CPU temps around 70c load, 40c idle.
GPU temps around 75-80c load, idle I have no clue because it switches to intel hd graphics.

My only concern is my Mobo temperature which idles at 40c and around 70c on load.

This is my very first gaming laptop, so I wasn't sure if that's hot or not.
Thanks!

Solution
hwmonitor shouldn't give motherboard temps, if your talking the very top line, that's temps for the system, and those temps are fine. I believe its temps taken around the exhaust port, not sure which side. But your tmeps are fine, once do you get to the rog forum you can post your screen shot, and others can do the same so you can compare

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
What program are you using to get temps?

I have had that same laptop and stil have several screen shots of hw info and hwmonitor. But so far, your temps are better than mine

But that said, with your normal temps like what you have, I cant imagine the motherbaords being bad. The temps you need to watch and worry about are the cpu and gpu And even those, cpu goes up to 100c before it throttles, same with gpu

megaman1051

Estimable
May 30, 2014
if your asking the question is it running hot it probably is, 70 is about the time when you will kill your capacitors among other things did you buy it second hand or new?

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
hwmonitor shouldn't give motherboard temps, if your talking the very top line, that's temps for the system, and those temps are fine. I believe its temps taken around the exhaust port, not sure which side. But your tmeps are fine, once do you get to the rog forum you can post your screen shot, and others can do the same so you can compare

Solution

kraver0

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Thanks Dblkk.

Yes, I was talking about the top line. I always thought those were motherboard temperatures.

Thank you for clearing that up. Been looking through rog asus forums for some time now. Thanks for this reference.