Is 78 mw from FiiO A1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Enough Power??

drlarryvon

Estimable
Feb 15, 2017
I want to use the FiiO A1 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black), with output of 78 mw to power my maxell behind the ear earbuds from an extension wire from the amp to the earbuds of about 15 feet. I am connecting my FiiO A1 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black), to the audio output of my television. Is 78 mw of output enough to power my earbuds at 15-20 feet distance thru a wired connection from the amp to the buds?

Solution
i should make a clarification.. i was thinking of the a3 amp when i mentioned rca. the a1 doesnt have that option.

the fiio a1 is 3.5mm input, 3.5mm output i believe after looking at the product page again (do check its input though) so you would need to run a 3.5mm wire in and out. ideally i would say to have the fiio closer to your end for volume adjustment. i would make sure to get decently shielded wire though as analog signals are highly susceptible to interference.

short runs of 15-20ft are well within the maximum stated ranges for 3.5mm and you are only powering earbuds so i do not forsee any issues. 30ft maybe, 15-20 i would say not.
i should make a clarification.. i was thinking of the a3 amp when i mentioned rca. the a1 doesnt have that option.

the fiio a1 is 3.5mm input, 3.5mm output i believe after looking at the product page again (do check its input though) so you would need to run a 3.5mm wire in and out. ideally i would say to have the fiio closer to your end for volume adjustment. i would make sure to get decently shielded wire though as analog signals are highly susceptible to interference.

short runs of 15-20ft are well within the maximum stated ranges for 3.5mm and you are only powering earbuds so i do not forsee any issues. 30ft maybe, 15-20 i would say not.

Solution