Is an ultrabook the right thing for me? (Yoga 2 Pro)

S0h3iL

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015
Hi.

Sorry for my bad english!
I hope this is the right forum section for my question.

I've bought a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro a while ago, which is an ultrabook. my main purpose was that i buy the y2p so i retire my old laptop and so that i upgrade to a better hardware...

I needed something that could be both a laptop and a tablet. so i y2p was a good choise for me.

But what i didn't think of was that y2p is an ultrabook. i actually didn't really know the meaning of ultrabook!
I turn on my laptop (with its battery detached and connected directly to power cord...) when i wake up and i turn it off when i go to bed.
I think thats not good for a ultrabook, right?

I use it mostly for watching films and web browsing... oh and i connect it to an external monitor with hdmi. but sometimes i just use it as a laptop, when i go out or in other situations...
So should i keep the y2p and just connect its charger all the time or get a laptop that has a removable battery? like a macbook or a lenovo thinkpad or something?

Thanks in advance.

S0h3iL

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015

Thanks for your reply, but when did i say i only use it as a tablet? i said i wanted something that is both a tablet and a laptop. Yoga 2 pro is a convertable.

In that case, the yoga 2 pro is a good hybrid for you as it does everything you want. But I would go for the yoga 2 as the pro version is a bit overkill for what you need it to do. Unless you really want the 4k screen I would get the yoga 2.

S0h3iL

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015

As i said in the first post, i've already bought yoga 2 pro. but now that i realized ultrabooks don't have removable batteries i came here to ask if its ok to plug in yoga 2 pro all the time...
and if its not ok i buy something like the "Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga" or forget about hybrids and just get a macbook or something...
with my old laptop, its battery is always detached and i turn it on directly via the power cord...

So my real question is this:
Can an ultrabook (in my case, the y2p) always be connected to power cord?

I hope you understand what i'm trying to say.

It won't make a difference if you leave it plugged in all the time as the battery will stop charging after it reaches a 100%. I assume what you mean is that the main base is connected to the power supply while you use the tablet and when it gets low on power, you will connect it to the keyboard?

S0h3iL

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015

I don't understand what you mean by this:
"you will connect it to the keyboard? "
what do you mean by keyboard? i didn't say anything about any keyboad!
I think maybe you're mistaking "Yoga 2 Pro" with "Yoga Tablet 2" ?

In older laptops everyone said if you want to use your laptop for a long period of time in home, its better if you detach the battery and just connect it directly to power (with the charger adapter cable...)
I'm asking if this is ok for an ultrabook? will the battery be harmed? is it ok if its connected to the power when its in use? which for me is 12hours a day, i plug my adapter when i wake up and i unplug it when i go to bed... is this ok?

That is totally fine as I do that with my laptop.

S0h3iL

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015

Is your laptop an "ultrabook" or a normal laptop with a removable battery?

If i buy something new i'm probably gonna sell this one!