Is cyanogenmod better than android, more specifically samsung and its touchwiz ?

game-source

Honorable
May 8, 2014
Hello,
The title is pretty clear. I have a samsung galaxy tab ( 5113 ) and its VERY slow and laggy as crap. The tablet has a lot of bloatware and since it's a 2012 tablet touchwiz is really bad. I don't have much apps installed ( would say less than the average person ) , so the device doesn't have a reason to perform so bad. I tried with a launcher but it's still slow. If i install the "mod' will the tablet perform better and be more stable?

HopelessNoob

Honorable
May 28, 2012
do realize that if you want to install cyanogenmod you are installing a completely different android OS. Yes cyanogenmod is much faster and cleaner than touchwiz and will make most people very happy with how fast it runs

game-source

Honorable
May 8, 2014

Yea, but is it a good option in this situation. I read that the smartphones galaxy s2 and s3 have issues with the mod and they are developed in the same times as my tablet.

HopelessNoob

Honorable
May 28, 2012
there are many cyanogen mods for the galaxy tab depending on what android version you're looking forward to. If it's a more recent one, then there might be more bugs than on versions that have had time to develop and tweak out those bugs. you can always go to xda to check and see which one is best for you.

game-source

Honorable
May 8, 2014

Have you done it? Should i go for it? I don't think there is going back.