Is Flash Player Automatic or what?

magnogreato

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
I have the latest vers. of Adobe Flash Player but I must be expecting something different...When does it become active? Am I incorrect in presuming that it will play if I go to YouTube? Only MS Media Player is automatically active for videos. Can Flash Player be made active and not MS Media Player or what? I keep getting these updates but I never see Flash Player running...

Solution
You don't see Flash run as a separate application like Windows Media Player; it works in the browser. It's called a "plugin" which means it works inside the browser to enable certain functions. If you didn't have Flash installed websites with Flash content wouldn't work. Yes though, when you browse to a website with Flash content it will load automatically.

SchizTech

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
You don't see Flash run as a separate application like Windows Media Player; it works in the browser. It's called a "plugin" which means it works inside the browser to enable certain functions. If you didn't have Flash installed websites with Flash content wouldn't work. Yes though, when you browse to a website with Flash content it will load automatically.

Solution