is "gaming" laptop really necessary?(suggestion for new laptop)

Feifan

Estimable
Sep 15, 2015
I am a light gamer. I play league and wow.
recently, I'm in the market looking for a new laptop. my requirements are the exterior style must be very slim and good looking. 15 inch display. fan noise must be low. i7 cpu.
So i was searching on the web with a specific term " gaming laptop". the two I find that are quite nice are asus rog G501 and lenovo y50.
Then, one day, I had the chance to play my uncle's lenovo x1 carbon. which is only an i5 with intel HD graphic 5500. AND it run league very smooth and nice. I had the graphic settings on high. fps around 70. Honestly I was shocked.
all this time I was thinking the i7 is a must and dedicated graphic card is must needed...
so what is making this x1 carbon so good? and what is really important for a laptop good enough to play league and wow?
Any new suggestion for new laptop?
Thanks

Wow and Lol and very undemanding games. This is why they can be played on the x1 carbon. The most important thing for these games is the cooling as most laptops that are designed for gaming that is thin is either very loud or hot or both. For a 15 inch laptop, as long as the game is playable at high settings, then it is fine. Only on 17 inch laptops you may want to ultra as you can sometimes tell the difference between the 2 settings.

Also make sure that the wifi module is good as both these games are online.