Is Intel HD graphics 4400 good enough for games like War Inc., Blackshot, Call of Duty, etc?

Solution
Yes and no. Depends on the laptop. Some OEM's artificially limit the TDP of the CPU so the GPU can't work as well as it should. Basically it will throttle. I have a Sony Vaio Pro 11 and Samsung Ativ Book 9, both with an i5-4200U and HD 4400 GPU. The Samsung works like a charm, no throttling whatsoever. The Sony on the other hand, it likes to throttle constantly, and it runs just as cool as the Samsung.

rtgamer

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
Yes! it is enough good for These type game and u also run games 2012-13 games at high setting but u should face some problem in new games ! :) thats all

Thanks ;)

htwingnut

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2007
Yes and no. Depends on the laptop. Some OEM's artificially limit the TDP of the CPU so the GPU can't work as well as it should. Basically it will throttle. I have a Sony Vaio Pro 11 and Samsung Ativ Book 9, both with an i5-4200U and HD 4400 GPU. The Samsung works like a charm, no throttling whatsoever. The Sony on the other hand, it likes to throttle constantly, and it runs just as cool as the Samsung.

Solution

nVidea

Estimable
Aug 11, 2014
Wingnut, are you sure? My dad will give me an acer aspire e14. It has i5 4210u 1.6ghz and intel hd 4400. I'll play a game that needs nvidia gt 8800. Will it run smoothly? Because it does run smoothly on my desktop gt 430.

htwingnut

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2007
Yes, I'm sure. If you visit notebookreview.com forums (down this weekend unfortunately) you can see this discussed ad nauseum. Thin and light or netbooks are throttled so heat and power don't become an issue. Unfortunately you don't know what each laptop does until users actually test/stress them to find out the hard way.

Zakario

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

Easiest way for you to get a good response is to post the game list you're thinking of playing. HD4400 is a capable card, for some games, but do you have a game in particular?

Xibyth

Estimable
Mar 22, 2014

The U series of Intel CPU's come under clocked significantly to reduce power usage and have a native lower TDP when running multiple cores to reduce heat. Heat is the only thing that will throttle your CPU. Manufacturers do not throttle anything.

TRENDING THREADS