is it expected for a Lenovo y510p to reach 95 degrees in these conditions?

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Hi I have a Lenovo y510p with the following specs:
Intel i7 processor 4700mq 2.4ghz turbo to 3.4ghz
Nvidia gt 755m 2gb gddr5 GPU
8 GB ram
1 tb Samsung HDD

Now it reached 95 degrees while playing homefront at 1080p max settings.

Also current city temperatures are around 45-47 degrees it would probably be 4 degrees cooler in my room as I hadn't turned on the air conditioning.

So given these conditions is it still surprising that the laptop would reach 95 or no?

And yes I will be turning on the air conditioning from now on.

KryssNova

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014

You didn't stated conditions.
But ye, HP and Lenovo have some problems with their cooling-system.
Still 95 degrees (Celcius?) is quite high.
I myself just recently, opened up my HP Laptop, cleaned all the fans and vent holes.
Also re-applied Thermal Paste for both my CPU and GPU, with some Arctic Silver, instead of branded one.
Well if you still have Laptop on warranty, you should NOT open it up, since that voids the warranty.
If you don't have warranty, there are lot disassemble videos on YT, how to do it.
Also you can buy otherwise a Lap Chill Mat for your Laptop, well it usually on helps, if you are using your laptop mostly on your lap or sofas (soft surface).

Edit: Well these are normal conditions, I have ambient temps of 20-28 degrees in my room, if not higher.
Usually my Idle temps and while browsing internet are around 35-43 degrees, when gaming it can reach 70 degrees core temps.
But it never goes beyond 73 after re-applying thermal paste and cleaning fans.

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

LOL you answered before I edited. I accidentally posted an incomplete version. Can you tell me now?