Is it okay if i have 2 antivirus in my computer ?

JADOLLA

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
I recently bought a new laptop, an expensive one (3200$), and it contains important data for my work, so i recently installed two softwares: AVIRA and malwarebytes (Premium). Some people tell me to have only one software, but each on detects something the other cant (the 2 software never detected the same threat at the same time), so what do i do. And if its okay to keep both, how can i make exceptions for malwarebytes (cz AVIRA considers malwarebytes as a threat and sometimes blocks the registry whenever i remove a malware). Thanks.

Solution
avira and malware bytes arnt 2 antiviruses. avira is an antivirus, malware bytes is an antimalware app.(supple difference)
they read different pointers for the most part so wont(shouldnt conflict)
if you use 2 anti viruses they will read the same pointers and in doing so will trip the other antivirus causing a false positive or worse a security threat.
i also agree that bitdefender is a great av and will do the job of both avira and malware bytes
kaspersky on the other hand is good but still lets a few things through that malware bytes would catch.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
avira and malware bytes arnt 2 antiviruses. avira is an antivirus, malware bytes is an antimalware app.(supple difference)
they read different pointers for the most part so wont(shouldnt conflict)
if you use 2 anti viruses they will read the same pointers and in doing so will trip the other antivirus causing a false positive or worse a security threat.
i also agree that bitdefender is a great av and will do the job of both avira and malware bytes
kaspersky on the other hand is good but still lets a few things through that malware bytes would catch.

Solution

sidhuraj

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014
I would always go for a single antivirus than 2. reason : just 1 antivirus reduces the speed of a computer.Startup speed and the shutdown speed.I get scaredthinking how slow my lappy would turn...if i had 3 antivirus..It impacts the speed of computer in a remarkable way.ttturnbull@hotmail.co.uk