Is it possible that a laptop will run without the memory card inside?

Kimberly Jane

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
I used my laptop these morning after that i shut it down, then in the afternoon im going to used it but suddenly it didn't power on, finding it out inside without a memory card, can it be possible that i can used laptop without memory card?

Solution

If you are talking about RAM, then no, you need RAM in the system for it to work. But some systems have a RAM slot that you can get to easily, and a second one in another place, or even on the motherboard.

KurtRyan

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016

I'm having trouble understanding your question. What type of "memory card" are you referencing? A laptop cannot run without memory. However, if you're refering to an SD memory card (or a USB thumb drive), then yes, the machine can run without those accessories. Some applications may rely on these external "memory cards", but the operating system should function perfectly without them.

If you are talking about RAM, then no, you need RAM in the system for it to work. But some systems have a RAM slot that you can get to easily, and a second one in another place, or even on the motherboard.

Solution