Is it possible to add faster ram & hard drive?

Omkar Pathak

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
I have a lenovo Z570, with i5-2430M processor, 4GB RAM and Intel Graphics 3000.
I want to know, if my motherboard supports SATA III hard drives(6 Gbps)
And also if I can upgrade the RAM in terms of a faster RAM than the default one.

Solution
Hey there, Omkar Pathak!

According to your laptop's specs, it seems like it's possible for you to upgrade to 8 GB of RAM, however the SATA interface is SATA II ( Serial ATA-300 = SATA 3 Gb/s = 300 MB/s maximum transfer rate). For any kind of upgrade on an OEM computer, I'd strongly recommend you to get in touch with their technical/customer support and ask for assistance. There are cases where some manufacturers have compatibility issues with upgraded hardware. Better be safe than sorry, right?

Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Hey there, Omkar Pathak!

According to your laptop's specs, it seems like it's possible for you to upgrade to 8 GB of RAM, however the SATA interface is SATA II ( Serial ATA-300 = SATA 3 Gb/s = 300 MB/s maximum transfer rate). For any kind of upgrade on an OEM computer, I'd strongly recommend you to get in touch with their technical/customer support and ask for assistance. There are cases where some manufacturers have compatibility issues with upgraded hardware. Better be safe than sorry, right?

Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution

Omkar Pathak

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
Hey, on this same laptop, the current RAM is giving trouble. On a DDR3 slot, what is the fastest RAM (in terms on MHz) i should go for