Is it possible to connect a lower end pc to a higher end pc?

JeremyLall

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013
Hi, I've always wanted to game on my laptop, but it isn't really good for gaming. However, my desktop is the only system I have that can play any games. I was wondering if there were a way to connect my laptop to my desktop so that my laptop is controlling my desktop (like TeamViewer). After that, I want my laptop to play games through my desktop, acting as a wireless monitor and keyboard for my desktop. Is there a program that can do that, or can TeamViewer do that? If I am unclear by what I meant then please tell me and I'll try to help you understand. I don't really have the chance to try the TeamViewer part, but I'd like to know if it were possible. Thanks in advance.

Solution

Oh yeah. There are several. Just be cognizant of what they have to do to get that video back to your screen.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
yep, remote connection is slow. even the mouse lags a lot.
play games... well, maybe a game similar to chess? definitely not something that requires reflex or has lots of animations.
and in some (not sure), graphics are toned down to improve performance, like the wall paper will become black or something plain. so not sure if playing a game is possible with that. or maybe there's a setting for it

JeremyLall

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013

Would the bandwidth in which you are talking about, refer to my internet speed?

USAFRet

Illustrious

Mainly, the bandwidth between the two. I use TeamViewer at home, and there is a definite lag between my mouse, and what happens inside the TeamViewer window. Could not play anything more strenuous than Solitaire.

Your PC and teamviewer has to send the mouse/kbd signal to the remote PC, that PC has to process it, and then send the video back to where TeamViewer processes it to put it in that window.

JeremyLall

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013

I believe there are more programs out there like TeamViewer. I'll have to try them. I remember reading somewhere that someone was able to get about 20 fps in game with I think it was RemoteFX. I'll have to do more research about this.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Oh yeah. There are several. Just be cognizant of what they have to do to get that video back to your screen.

Solution

JeremyLall

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013

I definitely will. Thanks for all the help.