Solved! Is it possible to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 26, 2018
I need a straight answer so I can know if I should purchase a laptop with the Windows 10 or just try to buy a Windows 7 laptop.

Reasoning behind wanting W7 is because the printer we have at home only works with W7 and my mom isn't fond of the W10.

Please help if you can,
thanks,
Amy

Solution

Just pickup a good condition Windows 7 laptop from eBay. I have 2 Vaios and just purchased a third for a friend, all in brand new condition for less than $50. Windows 7 was great when it came out and I would upgrade if there was anything I needed in 8 or 10. Not a thing. I've manually installed all the "good" updates from lists on the net and turned off updating forever. I have a master clone hard drive should I need to replace any faulty drive...

FRB2013

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013

FRB2013

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
I don't think u can backtrack completely once Microsoft installs Win10 on a computer. Like someone else said if u need to get a win7 laptop or whatever, u should go only with one that has Win7 Ultimate. On the other hand, u might be further ahead to keep your system and remove Win 10 completely and reload with a fresh install of Win7 which could buy on eBay. Just buying a Win7 laptop(I assume it would be a previously used laptop by someone else(Stranger)) could develop into a major headache if it contains some virus or trojan horse deliberately left in it to track what u put in. Good Luck and remember: never trust Google, Firefox or any other browser to safekeep your passwords completely. If you are smart, play it safe by NEVER inputting access to your bank account password. Keep financial access outside your computer and cellphones. Like your pin numbers, those pswds should be written down outside the box and kept out of harm's way in a secure at home location and keep it secret.

FRB2013

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013