Is it possible to play any pc game with oculus rift?

not you

Distinguished
May 14, 2015
Hello

Im thinking about buying an oculus rift to try if its good but most of the games developed for it doesnt seem like my taste

But i would very much like to try call of duty ww2 dying light battlefield 1 sw battlefront 2 and maybe shadow of war (i know not fps but i love the game)

I know thiese cant be controlled with the motion controlls but im fine playing fps games with controller

However im not sure if you could just watch any game you want in vr or it needs to be developed or enabled for it

Could someone maybe owning 1 explain it to me?
Thank you

Solution
If you want to play a game that wasn't specifically developed for VR or with a VR mode, you have to use a VR injection tool like VorpX. And it's quite a janky process, often with poor results.

I suppose you can also sit in VR and play any regular game on a virtual monitor, but that's pretty dumb at this point.

Sakkura

Distinguished
If you want to play a game that wasn't specifically developed for VR or with a VR mode, you have to use a VR injection tool like VorpX. And it's quite a janky process, often with poor results.

I suppose you can also sit in VR and play any regular game on a virtual monitor, but that's pretty dumb at this point.

Solution

not you

Distinguished
May 14, 2015
Well i should have guessed :/
Im rather not trying than. Im having plenty of crahes as it is having another unsupported feature is kind of a pain in the bottom

I thought most games would have vr support down by now since it was screamed being the future like 3-4 years ago but whatever not like its a problem to spend 500$ on something else thats interesting nowdays xP

Thank you for clarifying it for me

Sakkura

Distinguished
The first consumer headsets only launched last year, and there aren't a lot of them yet, so it hasn't been worth it for developers to convert a lot of their existing games. And there hasn't been a lot of time to make new ones for VR.