Is it possible to upgrade my Acer Aspire V Nitro's processor?

ZeeQa

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015
Hey! So I read online that only some laptops can be upgraded and that it really depends on the laptop.. But my laptop got 2.2Ghz and i would like to upgrade or overclock it to reach around 2.9Ghz. Is that even possible ? The acer aspire v nitro has a lot of different "versions" with different processors etc.. So i thought it may be possible.. These are my specs:
Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-5200U CPU 2.2Ghz @ 2.20 Ghz.
8.00 Go (RAM)
64 bits. x64 processor

(Yes if its for videogames i should have taken a desktop not a laptop, but the only reason i could afford a laptop was for my studies.. so i had to take a laptop.)

Thanks to everyone who will reply! :)

ZeeQa

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015
I ask this because i saw another "version" or "model" with these specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-5500U, 2x 2.40GHz • RAM: 8GB DDR3 • Festplatte: 1TB HDD + 128GB SSD • optisches Laufwerk: DVD+/-RW DL • Grafik: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M, 4GB, HDMI • Display: 15.6", 1920x1080, non-glare, IPS • Anschlüsse: 3x USB 3.0, Gb LAN • Wireless: WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 • Cardreader: 5in1 • Webcam: 1.3 Megapixel, Intel RealSense • Betriebssystem: Windows 10 Home 64bit • Akku: Li-Ionen, 3 Zellen, 4605mAh • Gewicht: 2.40kg • Besonderheiten: Nummernblock, beleuchtete Tastatur • Herstellergarantie: zwei Jahre (Pickup&Return)

So as you can see it has 2x2.4 Ghz which would make 4.8Ghz right ?

I really dont know how all this works i would just love to be able to upgrade my Laptop to get more Ghz..

Thank You!

-ZeeQa

ZeeQa

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015
So apparently i could upgrade to a Intel® Core™ i7-5500U Processor which could go up to 3Ghz.. But i dont know if i can simply switch intel cores and all this stuff.. Is it not easier to just overclock my laptop ? It may put it at risk of overheating right ? So i would have to add a cooler ? Or maybe these things that you put under that cool it ? I really dont know please someone help me.. Maybe I have to meet a pro so he can overclock it for me.. ?

Thanks in advance!

ZeeQa

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015

Why that ? Does it mean that the parts are somehow locked and now changeable ?
But overclocking my laptop is possible right ? Would you know a software for that ? Or is there a specific one ?

ZeeQa

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015

Well the acer spire v nitro counts as an ultra notebook, so is there a software every laptop can use or do i have to search for a specific one ?