Is it worth buying a Alienware 13?

koyachand

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015
Hi,

i currently own a msi ge60 2qe. The issue is travel alot and the laptop is far too big as its a 15.6inch display with a large bezel.

i was looking at the alienware 13, 960m, i7, 1080p version. does anyone own this currently? could you share your experiences?

i have looked at other options such as gigabye p34w, however after reading reviews, it apparantly throttles at high temps and fans are loud even when not under load. also looked at the aorus 870m 6gb version, however it seems like that machine run extremley hot and is loud.

so my question is do i take a hit on performance to achieve a better overall gaming experience or do i just go for the gigabyte or aorus and hope for the best?

also please not that i am not looking for a desktop replacement as i already have a beast of a pc.

many thanks

Solution
The Alienware 13 is a very competent laptop by itself, and if you are not looking for a desktop replacement and just want a travel-capable laptop, the tiny 13.3" 960M-powered laptop is a great choice.

One possible concern is that the Alienware 13 maxes its CPU out at only a dual-core low-power i7. This doesn't really translate into much lost gaming performance in real world situations. If you really want a nice quad-core i7, though, you may consider the Sager NP7339:

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np7339-clevo-w230sd-eta-07212015-p-8073.html

metalicgeek

Estimable
The Alienware 13 is a very competent laptop by itself, and if you are not looking for a desktop replacement and just want a travel-capable laptop, the tiny 13.3" 960M-powered laptop is a great choice.

One possible concern is that the Alienware 13 maxes its CPU out at only a dual-core low-power i7. This doesn't really translate into much lost gaming performance in real world situations. If you really want a nice quad-core i7, though, you may consider the Sager NP7339:

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np7339-clevo-w230sd-eta-07212015-p-8073.html

Solution