Solved! Is Malwarebytes enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomatoes

Estimable
Feb 1, 2016
Greetings guys. Recently I bought premium Malwarebytes with a view to not downloading another antivirus(becuse of ram management,performance decrease etc....) Some of my friends tho warned me not to do that because malwarebytes is not a fully fledged antivirus but an anti-malware program. Did I waste my money? Do I really need one more antivirus? Thanks for reading.

Solution
https://lifehacker.com/the-difference-between-antivirus-and-anti-malware-and-1176942277
"Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Since some anti-malware utilities are trying to expand into the on-access malware scanning game, we figured we would ask what Malwarebytes, one of our favorite anti-malware tools, will and won't protect its users against. Malware Industry Analyst Adam Kujawa explained that Malwarebytes aims to detect as much malware as possible. However, their focus isn't on those classic threats like viruses and worms:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware hunts down most often zero-day or zero-hour malware, a term our community uses to explain malware that has been newly created and released on the web. Zero-hour malware can be any type of...

Rdslw

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
https://lifehacker.com/the-difference-between-antivirus-and-anti-malware-and-1176942277
"Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Since some anti-malware utilities are trying to expand into the on-access malware scanning game, we figured we would ask what Malwarebytes, one of our favorite anti-malware tools, will and won't protect its users against. Malware Industry Analyst Adam Kujawa explained that Malwarebytes aims to detect as much malware as possible. However, their focus isn't on those classic threats like viruses and worms:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware hunts down most often zero-day or zero-hour malware, a term our community uses to explain malware that has been newly created and released on the web. Zero-hour malware can be any type of malware out there that traditional antivirus products have a hard time detecting, so it's an additional security measure to protect the user from the kind of malware they are most likely to encounter while surfing the web.
Put simply, Malwarebytes aims to protect you against all manner of malware, but common viruses and older threats aren't included. Their goal is to stay on the forefront and protect users from new exploits, trojans, backdoors, adware, and spyware. For everything else, you'll want a traditional on-access security tool. "

So in general YES. but all others is fine with free versions of something like Avast.

Solution
It's deceiving, but Malwarebytes-Anti Malware is also an anti virus. I use it a lot and it gets everything so it's a great option.

Though i hear it is a semi CPU resource hog, so if that's a problem, I recommend you switch to Webroot which is my personal antivirus.

Rdslw

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
If you don't visit any suspicious sites, then I would say you don't need anything else. That depends on how much security you want and if you do important stuff on that machine. I mostly have basic free avast, and disable it for gaming. I never got infected with virus, but found a lot of damn malware tracking cookies etc

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
I use MWB Premium here, along with MWB ADW Cleaner and Win10 Windows Defender Security Virus/Threat protector... I've been using these three for several years with no issues or regrets.

You made a good decision with MWB but also exercising good and sound viewing/browsing habits and verification of links/downloads is the first-line of defense of several.

Tomatoes

Estimable
Feb 1, 2016

does arenabg.com counts? I only use it to download series/movies

rgd1101

Don't

sorry, we don't support pirated content

Status
Not open for further replies.