Is MSI GE62 Apache Pro-004 a good gaming laptop?

Akhil anil

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
I'm planning to buy MSI GE62 Apache Pro-004 from Amazon.com and ship to India. This model has

* 15.6" screen
* i7-6700HQ
* GTX960M with 2GB GDDR5
* 16GB RAM [although not given which type]
* 1TB HDD
* Windows 10
* 1920 x 1080 pixels max resolution

It's priced at $1100 and extra shipping charges. Is this a great gaming laptop? I want to play all the FPS released at least in medium settings and the ones going to be out soon. If anyone thinks there's a better model at this price range , please let me know. Thanks guys.

Solution
Yeah it has the exact same specs as the apache but is cheaper. Oh and has a type-c usb in addition which can be used as a thunderbolt (displayport) for monitors and a really fast usb.

Gingerbread

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
That's a bit too expensive. $1100 should cost the 17.3" version, not the 15.6". So better get the 17.3" version or get a slightly cheaper one, because there are the same laptops available by asus for $899 or so.

Akhil anil

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014

Which are those laptops?

Astranagantz

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
Hi Akhil, have you bought the laptop yet?
for me, the MSI is the better laptop. Why?
can add ssd m2 with no problem (search for those trouble with installing ssd m2 on this asus model)
dual fan for cooling (1 for cpu 1 for GPU)
steelseries keyboard (if you are into those gimmick)

BUT!!!
The msi is hard to upgrade because there is no special door to access to the RAM and HDD, that means you have to disassemble the whole bottom part of the laptop in order to access HDD and RAM.
SSE3 software sometimes do not recognize the keyboard.
MSI dragon software thingy is useful but taking too much resource during startup (then you will have slow start up)
Dont have usb type c (do you use it?)

So, its going back to you, how long are you going to use this laptop for? 2 years? 5 years?
Because 960m is not powerful,its good, but for how long.

Either laptop are good. Choose what you need and have fun!