Question Is my Blue Snowball Black Ice just dead?

Mar 22, 2021
I've been browsing other threads on this topic and they all had issues that got solved but did essentially nothing for me. I'll walk through what happened - about a day ago, I unplugged my microphone for about one day, for no particular reason. I forgot to plug it back in, is all. I plugged it in this morning and found it didn't pick up audio. The microphone wasn't even on, actually. I went to device manager, and saw it under hidden devices. I read online that it might need new drivers, but it didn't. I also tried deleting the device, restarting my computer and plugging it back in, but to no avail. It is gone from my device manager. It does not make the USB noise when you plug in a device. I tested the microphone on multiple computers with multiple USB cables to ensure it wasnt just the cable. It just doesn't turn on. I don't jostle around my microphone at all and it stays in place all day. Is it really possible that it just died after I unplugged it for one day? It seems unlikely.

Mar 22, 2021
Contact support if it's in warranty, with trying other cables and other systems it seems the thing is dead, either the USB interface or something else.
Yeah, it just died. Sadly, it was past the warranty, so I just bought a new microphone. It lasted three years, and it wasn't very expensive, so I guess I'm not that upset for the amount of use I've gotten out of it.

TRENDING THREADS