Is my fan broken???

Acer772G

Estimable
Jun 18, 2015
Hey guys im worried if my fan is broken or just the thermal paste is worn?I know its hot and summer here and last year it raised my temps up to 78-79C for gpu but now i get a little above 85C which isnt probably with outside temperature related cause last year in 8 month it was even hotter and i got 78-79C at that time!!!I thought that my fan is broken cause i clean the dust with my vacuum cleaner and sometimes the fan spinns cause of it.I clean it only from outside that why i think its safe even thought the cleaner has a power of 200W.When i play games and when i put my hand left i feel hot air flowing out?does that mean the fan works properly?Would the increase in temp be mucher higher when the fan is broken than i get?like getting random shutdowns cause of high temps etc.I just wanna exclude the reason cause im sending it soon to a guy which will apply the thermal paste for me cause i dont wanna mess with disassembling notebook cause it would probably go wrong.Should the thermal paste and cleaning of laptop do it or i will need to replace the fan too?Btw i have acer v3 772G with 760M and tyied several program like HWinfo64 and there is no info about Fan speed cause its probably locked by my bios.Thanks for helping me :)

Acer772G

Estimable
Jun 18, 2015
one more question?Does the fan cool the cpu on notebook or gpu?cause when my gpu is stresed my cpu temps also increase but when the gpu isnt stressed and cpu is more stressed than the cpu temps stay as it should be(like when i play some games on pcsx2 emulator for example).Btw my paste hasnt been changed since a bought it(20months have past)

Clast

Estimable
May 21, 2015
Overall notebooks/laptops tend to run hot due to not having a completely efficient way to cool itself, so when you are gaming, it will end up running hot.
Now with the thought of needing to replace thermal paste, are you experiencing performance degradation as your gaming session gets longer(and temps get higher)?

Acer772G

Estimable
Jun 18, 2015

No performance stays same just the notebook runs way too hot.Its still under 90C for both gpu and cpu but last summer i was under 80C for both(maybe cpu reached max 82-83C at most).So do you think its a fun issue or probably thermal paste related cause im still on factory thermal paste and notebook is 20months old.Havent cleaned the dust also aside from outside cleaning with vacuum cleaner

Clast

Estimable
May 21, 2015

If performance hasn't been a problem, then it might be dust build up somewhere since you haven't ever opened up the notebook.

TRENDING THREADS