Is my laptop too heavy for college?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pcstarter

Prominent
May 3, 2017
Hi!
I am planning to get a razer blade pro 2017(full hd) for college i live about 3 miles from it and i commute with an electric bike but is the laptop to heavy or big for college at 12 lbs?

Solution
I had a 17.3" laptop that fit nicely into my bag while in college. Therefore had no issues commuting with it. It is a little annoying in class if you take notes on paper as well as it limits your available space. Over the years though I've just wanted something smaller, at first I loved the big screen now I loathe it (I'm always on the move with work). Decided to finally get a 14" laptop (thin bezels make it 12.5" chassis).

So that's another option go for the thin bezel gaming computer that packs a larger screen in smaller form factor. One laptop I was really considering is the Gigabyte Aero 15 (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1339494-REG/gigabyte_aero_15w_bk4_i7_7700hq_16gb_512_m_2.html)

The things a beast, and for its size...

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
Personally, an asus transformer and a desktop at 'home'. Unless your course demands the use of very very capable hardware of your own in class.

That way you are never going to be without a machine, for college with tight deadlines redundancy is very useful.

Rdslw

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
I recommend 12 inch laptop for any kind of everyday commute. 3 lbs VS 12 ... your back will thank me.
Get some cheap small replacement for your razer workstation.
You will mostly need battery life there and i7 with dedicated GPU is not long lasting set:)

severinsen70

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
I had a 17.3" laptop that fit nicely into my bag while in college. Therefore had no issues commuting with it. It is a little annoying in class if you take notes on paper as well as it limits your available space. Over the years though I've just wanted something smaller, at first I loved the big screen now I loathe it (I'm always on the move with work). Decided to finally get a 14" laptop (thin bezels make it 12.5" chassis).

So that's another option go for the thin bezel gaming computer that packs a larger screen in smaller form factor. One laptop I was really considering is the Gigabyte Aero 15 (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1339494-REG/gigabyte_aero_15w_bk4_i7_7700hq_16gb_512_m_2.html)

The things a beast, and for its size and 94whr battery quite impressive.

Solution

Pcstarter

Prominent
May 3, 2017

omg! m8 you just saved me!

Status
Not open for further replies.