Question Is my laptop's battery dead? Or is something else fried inside?

Apr 1, 2020
Hi, I have a Samsung laptop, and it worked perfectly fine up until almost a year ago where I started having issues with my battery dying really quickly while I was playing games. It would go from 100-0 in a matter of seconds. I assumed the battery was dying, and I cleaned everything out (dust,etc from inside the laptop) and I turned down the graphics of the game I was playing to negative presets pretty much, and had to go full power saving mode on my laptop, this cost me a lot of FPS drops, but it was manageable and I got used to it. I bought a new laptop battery 2 months ago, and it didn't seem to fix the issue. I tried running the game on proper graphics like I used to, but I still had the same problems with the battery dying super fast, and it charges really slow too. I went back to playing negative preset graphics, and it was okay until my battery started dying even with horrible FPS and graphics. I've went full power saving mode, and tried everything. I suspect it's not exactly an issue with the battery maybe since getting a new one didn't help, but idk what else could cause my battery to be dying so rapidly :(
Sorry for the long post! and thankyou
I'm thinking of taking out my battery, and just using my laptop as a desktop pc, but I'm not 110% sure it will work

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 0
buttersc0tch Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
ankvaria Laptop Tech Support 0
nerdyotter Laptop Tech Support 0
dietherdeyv Laptop Tech Support 0
Pasiya98 Laptop Tech Support 3
Hyosungelena Laptop Tech Support 1
danioffo Laptop Tech Support 0
B Laptop Tech Support 1
Pandofla Laptop Tech Support 2