Is my Toshiba laptop serial number on the sticker on the Resource Guide? Our laptop was stolen so I can't check it!

Lisa_50

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
I work at a church, and our laptop that we use in the sanctuary was stolen. The only thing I can find for the laptop is the unopened Resource Guide, which has a sticker on the plastic covering that has two different number/letter combinations on it. Would one of these be the serial number? The laptop, if it matters, was a Toshiba Satellite L750 series. Thanks so much!

Solution
Hi,

The serial of most laptop is normally located in the box where the laptop came in with and in the receipt and other than that there's no other place to look for it unfortunately. Do contact your local police to report this incident and do also contact Toshiba to report your stolen laptop so they can make a report about it as well.
Hi,

The serial of most laptop is normally located in the box where the laptop came in with and in the receipt and other than that there's no other place to look for it unfortunately. Do contact your local police to report this incident and do also contact Toshiba to report your stolen laptop so they can make a report about it as well.

Solution

Lisa_50

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
Thank you so much! We did report it to the police, but they said that without the serial number, it would be next to impossible to track down. We were hoping it would be on some of the paperwork, but it sounds like we'll just have to rely on the insurance and get another! :}