Is setting my Laptop Fans to 100% when i play video games bad?

Jul 26, 2018
My Gaming Laptop (Asus FX503VM) has a Fan Mode called "Overboost" where it increases the speed of the fan while gaming.This does help reduce the temperature of my CPU and GPU while gaming but im afraid if it will severely harm my laptop Fans in time.

Anyone else use their Extra Cooling function of their laptops?

Solution
Fans are usually cheaper than CPUs, GPUs, or a whole laptop. I'd try to keep the temps down to 80-85C or below any way I could.

Aside from poor battery life, gaming laptops have one huge drawback, and that's heat. Getting a cooling pad for your gaming laptop is basically essential to keeping it as cool as you can. Be sure you have it on a smooth hard surface to facilitate proper airflow.

Aside from extra cooling fans, a more extreme cooling method would be to replace the stock thermal interface material on the CPU and even GPU with liquid metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) It is known to reduce temperatures by up to 20C; however, it is a risky procedure that must be undertaken with caution, risking shorting out your components.

volkgren

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
Fans are usually cheaper than CPUs, GPUs, or a whole laptop. I'd try to keep the temps down to 80-85C or below any way I could.

Aside from poor battery life, gaming laptops have one huge drawback, and that's heat. Getting a cooling pad for your gaming laptop is basically essential to keeping it as cool as you can. Be sure you have it on a smooth hard surface to facilitate proper airflow.

Aside from extra cooling fans, a more extreme cooling method would be to replace the stock thermal interface material on the CPU and even GPU with liquid metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) It is known to reduce temperatures by up to 20C; however, it is a risky procedure that must be undertaken with caution, risking shorting out your components.

Solution