Is Sony No Better Than Pirates It Goes After?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davisorle

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
Since its in Mexico.. I really hope they dont screw up the artist since Sony can afford at least THAT much to pay this one off. :/ If Sony is contributing against piracy then I dont think they should tolate this crap and make Sony pay big time if indeed its clear the 7Album limitation they had. I REALLY have no tolerance for hypocrits and BS.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
lol... the music industry is pretty sleazy, for decades they profited by leeching as much money out of bands as their monopolistic policies allowed. Now they cry poor and expect us all to feel sorry for them, but they really have not changed one bit since the bad old days.

All hail Internet distribution and self marketed albums... put the profits in the hands of the artists instead of a million middlemen hangers on.

Rancifer7

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
It would be a grand Irony if Sony lost this one. Along the Lines of the willful copyright infringement decision against Microsoft Office recently.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Fuck Sony. The artist told you "NO." Is our system so screwed up that these fat ass record labels get control over the music even though it's the damn artist writing the music. If he doesn't want to release it then it shouldn't be released!

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Poorly worded title. Sony OWNs the songs. Pirates own no part of the stuff they pirate.

Sleazy move by Sony? Yeah it is. The court (assuming the judge isn't bought out and the artist didn't get trapped in a legal loophole) will probably come to the artist side.

dap007

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
So SONY can do whatever they want with Fernández's albums because they "OWN" it, but when we buy a CD we can't do as we please with it because what we don't "OWN" it???

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Well there 's an aspect that will affect the outcome. First off, Sony decides to release a NEW ALBUM (count as 8th) with previously unreleases material. This means that in every Alejandro's releases ( and like other artists) there are songs that never make it to the final production. Sony decided to those remaining songs of each release, compile them and make a brand new album. All with lefover songs Alejandro Fernanadez left in each album.

In my opinion ( since I don't know how this will turn out) Sony should only make new albums based on officially released material, NOT UNRELEASED material. Still, it would be interesting to see the contract terms ( eg..does the contract states that every song are owned by Sony, even if they are not released?).

Come on, those are songs that were left out, that maybe Alejandro Fernandez could use later ( with his newer universal contract).

In my opinion, I think Sony is screwing this one.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Well there 's an aspect that will affect the outcome of this case. First off, Sony decides to release a NEW ALBUM (count as 8th) with previously unreleases material. This means that in every Alejandro's releases ( and like other artists) there are songs that never make it to the final production. Sony decided to those remaining songs of each release, compile them and make a brand new album. All with lefover songs Alejandro Fernanadez left in each album.

In my opinion ( since I don't know how this will turn out) Sony should only make new albums based on officially released material, NOT UNRELEASED material. Still, it would be interesting to see the contract terms ( eg..does the contract states that every song are owned by Sony, even if they are not released?).

Come on, those are songs that were left out, that maybe Alejandro Fernandez could use later ( with his newer universal contract).

In my opinion, I think Sony is screwing this one.

G

I'm going to download his albums via BiTorrent just to piss Sony off.

Status
Not open for further replies.