Is that possible to track where is my phone via GPS?

KennyJo

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Hi.

I like to go hiking by myself.
And recently, my girlfriend said it was too danger to go hiking by myself and she would like to know at least m location.
I know that I can track my android phone through my Google account, but I am not sure if that could track my phone via GPS or not.
Just in case I am at some place there is no signal, is there anyway my girlfriend can know where am I?

Thanks.

Solution
Without a cellular signal there is no way for your phone to broadcast its position back to your girlfriend. GPS broadcasts TO your phone only, and all it actually broadcasts is where the satellites are at a very specific time. It is up to the receiver (your phone) to figure out where the receiver is based on that input data.
No cell service means nobody can know where you are.
There are satellite phones that will work anywhere, but they are pretty expensive.

kanewolf

Judicious
Without a cellular signal there is no way for your phone to broadcast its position back to your girlfriend. GPS broadcasts TO your phone only, and all it actually broadcasts is where the satellites are at a very specific time. It is up to the receiver (your phone) to figure out where the receiver is based on that input data.
No cell service means nobody can know where you are.
There are satellite phones that will work anywhere, but they are pretty expensive.

Solution