Is the 3ds worth it

May 16, 2018
So i never had a nintendo console or tried one and i dont have the money to get a switch but i was looking at the 2ds xl but i dont have a tablet too i kinda want one so i dont know what to choose can you guys reccomend me a tablet or a 2ds xl

Solution
I think it depends if you're more into 'app' games or 'console games'.

A tablet would be great if you're into application-based games. A tablet can also give other functionalities if you want them (e-reader, portable internet browser, testing device for programming, the list goes on).

The DS line is great if you like portability and also want to play games they've already developed and released. The biggest downside is, with the release of the Switch, less and less games are being developed for the 3DS.

Personally, I have a 1st gen 3DS XL and I enjoy it immensely. I'm still playing games years after they've been released. I'm also very much a 'gaming curator' so I have a very small, but highly played collection of games.

Really, it...

Graybush

Estimable
I think it depends if you're more into 'app' games or 'console games'.

A tablet would be great if you're into application-based games. A tablet can also give other functionalities if you want them (e-reader, portable internet browser, testing device for programming, the list goes on).

The DS line is great if you like portability and also want to play games they've already developed and released. The biggest downside is, with the release of the Switch, less and less games are being developed for the 3DS.

Personally, I have a 1st gen 3DS XL and I enjoy it immensely. I'm still playing games years after they've been released. I'm also very much a 'gaming curator' so I have a very small, but highly played collection of games.

Really, it all comes down to figuring out your portable play style, and how it fits into your current routine. Set out a list of pros and cons for a reliable tablet, a DS, and the Switch, then see what you get. If you find out that the winner happens to be a Switch, you might want to wait out for it. The plus side for doing that too is that you might get a sweet deal when you're ready to buy, such as a bundle pack.

Solution
I bought a second hand but perfect condition 3ds first gen for £40 a month ago.

I'll be honest, it was one of those purchases you make on a whim, the outcome though is I absolutely love it, superb little handheld console & some great games.

Graybush

Estimable
I was lucky in that I was gifted mine back in... 2012? It's gotten me through my toughest years and longest commutes in the city. I can also attest that they're great handhelds. They're also tough to boot! Mine got dropped on a railroad track and it still works.