Is the battery light supposed to be active while charging a new battery?

kitty1942

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
I bought a used older model of a Toshiba laptop without a manuel. The battery was dead in it and I bought a new battery from the pc shop I bought the battery from. I have it installed correctly but the battery light isnt glowing as it should while a new battery is being charged.
Also I do not have (and have not had) the battery icon in my tray. Could there be something wrong with the battery compartment? I have only had this laptop a couple of weeks and it has a 30 day warranty on it.
Would appreciate answers and thank you,
Sincerely, kitty

AntiZig

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
well if the battery icon doesn't show up while you're on battery power only that's a concern. check your power options.

does the battery work at all? (have you tried running the laptop without the AC plug?)

if the battery isn't charging I'd bring it up with the vendor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nategreg Laptop Tech Support 0
B Laptop Tech Support 4
G Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 4
P Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 7
N Laptop Tech Support 4
V Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Asus laptop won't charge, no indicator light with or without battery.. help.
Question HELP..Laptop battery light Off and a few sparks when cord inserted (dropped 1 year ago)
How to replace the battery
Solved! Another charger and a new battery. Light still blinking Orange 4 times and White one time. Says plugged in - not charging.
Solved! I changed the fan on my HP Pavilion DV7. Now it won't turn back on. The light is on by power cord & the battery is fully char
Acer laptop battery light flashing red
Solved! Hiii my laptop battery is not charging .the light is blinking red and white. the message displays that system doesn't recogniz
Lenovo 100s ideapad won’t turn on!!!!!
Solved! HP Envy 13 Poor Battery Life
Solved! Hp pavilion 15-cx0056wm do I need new battery, just got it 5 days ago when I plug the charger up a white LED light will show
Solved! Lenovo Ideapad 100-15ibd battery light blinking, not charging
Why is my Asus laptop not coming on the battery light keeps blinking and the power light is on
Asus battery light
About laptop problem
My battery light keeps blinking, and it says that happens when your battery is getting old, but my phone is only 4 months old.
ASUS TP300L not charging, no charging light, runs fine on battery
My asus x551m won’t turn on. It’s charged, the lights green, but no power up. The battery is internal, how can I get it to
I have a v110 Lenovo , no charging lights turn on , the laptop itself does not turn on , tried removing battery and pushing of
Battery Light Flashes Red Won't Charge
Laptop charging light blinking, but after performing hard boot test that by directly connecting ac adapter without battery and

ASK THE COMMUNITY