Is the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 the best choice for me?

xpygmie

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014
I am about to bye a new laptop and so far the Inspiron 15 7000 (i7, 16GB, F-HD, 750M, 1TB) - which looks like the best choice, to make it even better I get 10% off with a student discount. So I was wondering if this is a well recommended laptop. If there are any other better choices then please do recommend.

Thank you

xpygmie

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014

1. What is your budget? Maximum £620

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13'' to 15''

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p preferred

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Bit of both

5. How much battery life do you need? Decent amount, the more the better

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I will probably occasionally play games, although not very intense ones

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Programming

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Not too bothered, having an SSD would be a plus, if not I will get one later when I have the money

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? I hope for it to last for a while, the current laptop I have has lasted me 8 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Not bothered

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Not too bothered really

13. What country do you live in? UK (England)

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. If it looks beautiful that is a bonus, must be reliable as well.