Is The Facebook Phone Finally Real (and Called Buffy)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The technicals are encouraging, just don't end up as Microsoft Kin, restricting the phone and might as well trash it.

Although the name needs work.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
There's no room for this.

I mean:

-Android-powered phones are nearly $0 on contract
-iOS devices are what all the cool kids want (no accounting for utility)
-BlackBerry... well, if you're messaging friends that's what you're using

-Most people who don't have a smartphone don't have one for a reason (either due to clumsiness/loss or it not being in the budget).

So this phone, unless it's a totally new carrier that doesn't charge a ludicrous amount of cash for Internet access, doesn't solve any problem and, more importantly, doesn't do Facebook any better than any other phone.

And these reasons are probably why Facebook said that they weren't getting into the market.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Surprise it took them this long to try to put such a thing out. Figure it would've been made a long time ago. Not saying this is a good thing but there is money to be made there I am just surprised it took them this long to figure it out.

xx_pemdas_xx

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
[citation][nom]BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah[/nom]The technicals are encouraging, just don't end up as Microsoft Kin, restricting the phone and might as well trash it.Although the name needs work.[/citation]
I love my kin2om.... :) it can watch mpeg 4 videos (youtube) and i can side load pirated movies to it.

techy74

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
My only concern is that it is facebook. It seems soon as you get used to the layout, it changes and you have to learn where everything is all over again!

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah[/nom]The technicals are encouraging, just don't end up as Microsoft Kin, restricting the phone and might as well trash it.Although the name needs work.[/citation]

true, but this is an actually facebook phone, not a phone with easy access to facebook, very big difference.

if this gets advertised on facebook by facebook, iphone may have a serious contender (as in just this one phone, unline android where they add every android up)

kryzzay

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Why don't you fix the shit ass Android version of your app first before you go and make a phone of your own? You own iOS with your facebook app and Android too, now you want to own yourself Facebook? Seriously not required but feel free to waste billions of dollars that you really couldn't care less about.

sinfulpotato

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]whysobluepandabear[/nom]She was in Buffy the Vampire something or another. Sarah Michelle Geller? IDK if that's the correct spelling, but I'm not about to waste 2 seconds looking it up on Google.[/citation]

I never even watched the show and can tell you, she is not a Vampire. The show was called Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Sheesh, you young whipper snappers, look up your 90's pop culture

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
didn't one company already make a facebook phone (iirc it allowed users to access fb with a dedicated button or something) and facebook publicly denied any involvement?
i wonder what's next. twitterphone, google+phone...(not all android phones), linkedinphone, minecraftphone, farmvillephone.
one phone will rule all these phones - capplaycrysisphone (dubiously named cpcp - pronounced as sippysippy)!

Status
Not open for further replies.