IS there a Device that takes optical and sends it to a 5.1 surround speaker wire system. (In place of an AV receiver)

May 31, 2018
OKKK, so here is my dilemma. I have an old Denson AVR 1912 that takes in HDMI audio and sends it to my 5.1 surround system. Now I have a LG TV, the 5.1 surround system, and a chromecast. Is there any way for me to plug my Chromecast into my TV, then output the audio through optical to a DEVICE then have that audio signal transfer into speaker wire stuff to my 5.1 system. I capitalized device as I am unsure it such a device exists. If it does it will solve all of my problems. Thanks

doolittle

Distinguished
the AVR 1912 has HDMI inputs, connect the chromecast to one of those? Could also connect the chromecast to the TV then if the TV has digital audio output connections the AVR 1912 also has both analog/RCA and TOSLINK inputs as well so that would be another way (exactly what I do for my old Onkyo non-hdmi, optical out from the TV into the optical in on the Onkyo)

doolittle

Distinguished
the AVR 1912 has HDMI inputs, connect the chromecast to one of those? Could also connect the chromecast to the TV then if the TV has digital audio output connections the AVR 1912 also has both analog/RCA and TOSLINK inputs as well so that would be another way (exactly what I do for my old Onkyo non-hdmi, optical out from the TV into the optical in on the Onkyo)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 0
S Audio 1
medinad92 Audio 0
K Audio 1
S Audio 1
OhGod Audio 2
velkugan Audio 2
V Audio 1
B Audio 3
iOnlyRave Audio 0
K Audio 2