Is there a way to save my files?

ForeverBirds

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014
So basically I can't get Windows to boot up. Every time I turn it on, it starts loading normally, then when it gets to the screen with the Windows logo, it flashes a blue screen for just a second and sends me to a screen asking if I want to launch windows normally or launch startup repair.

Tried booting up safe mode, can't do it. I get the screen with the options to load in safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc- NOTHING on that screen works except launch system recovery options. I get sent straight back to the start screen

Tried startup repair, two system restores, ran Windows Diagnostics Tool. I can also run the HP recovery manager.

I think it maybe has to do with the McAfee antivirus I installed, since that's the last thing I installed, then this happened, or the CMOS battery since when this first happened, it flashed "CMOS checksum error," a couple of times on start up, but it stopped doing that. (But that shouldn't affect startup, should it?) Of course, it could be neither of c those things, since I've had this computer for two years, it was refurbished when I bought it, and I've had issues with it since day one basically.

If anyone can tell me how to fix it, great, cause I'd like to wait till Windows 9 comes out to buy a new one, but if not, I'm more worried about getting my files off of it (word documents specifically). Can anyone tell me how to do that?