Vanask

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
Hi everyone,

Over the next few days I'm planning on buying my new laptop. Now, I am looking for an ultrabook and I realize my demand are a bit high for my budget.

The only laptop that I have found so far, is
this one.

My budget is €1000,00. What I want for that is a thin 15" ultrabook, with a Haswell processor (thus long battery life), Full HD screen, touch screen, hybrid hard drive or SSD and enough performance to preferably play Total war: Rome II. It's not supposed to be a gaming machine though. For me it's mostly office tasks, multi-media and various things online.

So, for my question. Is there anything that meets my requirements and is therefore comparable to the Acer Aspire V7 - 582PG? I'm also interested in experiences with the aforementioned laptop.

Thanks in advance!

Update: I'm still looking for something comparable. I'm also wondering what you guys think of the Intel Core i5 4200U Haswell processor.

nilsake

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
So, for my question. Is there anything that meets my requirements and is therefore comparable to the Acer Aspire V7 - 582PG? I'm also interested in experiences with the aforementioned laptop.

--------------------------------------------

Hi Vanask
I've just ordered a Acer Aspire V7 15 Touch with 1 TB ordinary 5400 rpm disc + 20 Gb SSD
My choises were except the Acer, also Sony Vaio Fit multi-flip 15A or Asus VivoBook S551LB with similar spec,

The Sony have a better screen 2880x1620 while Asus have 1366x768
The Sony also have multiflip meaning that you can twist the screen around and the laptop look like a Tablet although a thick one.

The Sony is low on stock in Sweden were I live so I couldnt have that one. The Asus was cheaper but I wanted a good rscreen and the tests I have been reading says its a good one on Acer Aspire V7

IU think the new Haswell processor is good for a longer battery uptime and a good compromise between speed for gaming and not making noise.

I will tell you more about my Acer next week when I've used it and also put in some Windows 8.1 Apps

:) Åke