Is there any free antivirus that can be made to update automatically two times a day?

hari2202

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
First recommend me a good antivirus package(free)

MY usage : system gonna be online most of the time and lots of external devices may be attached often . SO suggest a antivirus package that can tackle issues related to my usgae..

And i like to set up the AV like updating on its own two times a day . because the system user is going to be very much end user . he dont know to update it manually .

And if i set up like updating everyday 10 AM , when the system is turned off at that time , it will not update that day . so in case the 10 AM update is not successful i like to update some other time ,the same day . that is if i set up automatic update 2 times a day(like 10 AM and 4 PM) in case 10 AM update is not updated , i want 4 PM update to update the update(missed by 10 AM update)

Solution
Avast updates at least once a day and also has streaming updates. This is from their help file.

Streaming (real-time) updates
By enabling streaming updates, you can make sure that new virus definitions are sent to you in real-time, rather than waiting for the next regular update. As your virus database will be continuously updated, this will give you even more protection against the very latest threats

rennatnave101

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
I have AVG free, and I believe you can set it up to update at a specific time, maybe twice a day, I'm not positive. However, it does have a feature that will force update if given time is missed.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
Avast updates at least once a day and also has streaming updates. This is from their help file.

Streaming (real-time) updates
By enabling streaming updates, you can make sure that new virus definitions are sent to you in real-time, rather than waiting for the next regular update. As your virus database will be continuously updated, this will give you even more protection against the very latest threats

Solution